• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Promised Neverland Manga Has 2.1 Million Copies in Print

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

To be honest, I want Bones to do Neverland, Kimetsu no Yaiba and Fire Force. But I guess miracles like those don't happen, right? xD

The thing is, Bones can't only do MHA, they like doing other exciting and promising Shounen adaptations, so hopefully Neverland, Kimetsu or Fire Force end up in their hands, at least one of them. The CEO of Bones said that they're dedicated to making MHA a long running project, so they're not stopping unless the production committees stop funding the show or if they catch up with the source material. MHA was also their first adaptation of a WSJ title, so maybe this has opened up a new gate for them in terms of opportunities for the studio.

Well second series. They did FMA and FMAb.

But yea them doing all 3 would be pretty amazing. I really really want to see them do Fire Force lol.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:

To be honest, I want Bones to do Neverland, Kimetsu no Yaiba and Fire Force. But I guess miracles like those don't happen, right? xD

The thing is, Bones can't only do MHA, they like doing other exciting and promising Shounen adaptations, so hopefully Neverland, Kimetsu or Fire Force end up in their hands, at least one of them. The CEO of Bones said that they're dedicated to making MHA a long running project, so they're not stopping unless the production committees stop funding the show or if they catch up with the source material. MHA was also their first adaptation of a WSJ title, so maybe this has opened up a new gate for them in terms of opportunities for the studio.

But yea them doing all 3 would be pretty amazing. I really really want to see them do Fire Force lol.[/quote]

I will be mad if they don't get Fire Force. Kodansha, please don't screw this up, I'm really afraid it will end up in A1 Pictures's hands and they will ruin it and they will not be able to do the manga's amazing art justice.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Toei doesn't seem to make anything new anymore (besides that CG anime they did in the spring totally out of the blue), so as long as Pierrot or some other bad studio doesn't touch this I'd be excited about an anime.

Wit and Bones would be okay choices (Wit in general does great work but Kabeneri was a let down) and I'd also be okay to see Madhouse's name of this. Kinema Citrus, who did Made in Abyss, are pretty hit-or-miss as a studio, but I wouldn't freak out if they attached their name to this.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:07 pm Reply with quote
FlowerAiko wrote:
Toei doesn't seem to make anything new anymore (besides that CG anime they did in the spring totally out of the blue), so as long as Pierrot or some other bad studio doesn't touch this I'd be excited about an anime.

Wit and Bones would be okay choices (Wit in general does great work but Kabeneri was a let down) and I'd also be okay to see Madhouse's name of this. Kinema Citrus, who did Made in Abyss, are pretty hit-or-miss as a studio, but I wouldn't freak out if they attached their name to this.

Madhouse have fallen a lot over the last few years, unfortunately. I'd be OK with them only if they had a great staff to work with.

Toei did do World Trigger no too long ago,so they still are somewhat of a threat to new and promising Jump titles.
lostbirdinatree

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:40 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:

FMA/FMAb don't belong to Weekly Shonen Jump though, they belong to Monthly Shonen Gangan.

As for me, I'm not caught up on The Promised Neverland but regardless of what studio gets the hypothetical (and yet still quite inevitable) anime, I'll be happy to support it.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:47 pm Reply with quote
lostbirdinatree wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

FMA/FMAb don't belong to Weekly Shonen Jump though, they belong to Monthly Shonen Gangan.

As for me, I'm not caught up on The Promised Neverland but regardless of what studio gets the hypothetical (and yet still quite inevitable) anime, I'll be happy to support it.

Woh you are right...I don't know why I was so convinced it was a wsj title. I blame VIZ for tricking my mind. Apologies for the mistake.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
I would prefer that BONES focus on MHA if they adapt a WSJ title for now. Else if they were to do another one I would prefer Kimetsu over PNL. Action is their forte.

Also I need them to do Fire Force!

When did the head of bones say that? Everytime I ask people for proof that the head of bones said that, they offer up no evidence.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:48 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

When did the head of bones say that? Everytime I ask people for proof that the head of bones said that, they offer up no evidence.

Late response, but here it is, second reply from him.

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-07-19/interview-studio-bones-president-masahiko-minami/.104467
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:26 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

Seems like people came across much stronger than he did in his statement which just seemed to be he hopes to keep making it, vs being dedicated and not ever stopping.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 am Reply with quote
^
Seems like a dedicated project to me, if they're already doing a season 3 for it, which does not happen for Bones shows, ever.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:31 am Reply with quote
In the age of e-manga, this is actually a very good print figure! Congratulations.
BluePikmin11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Madhouse and the Death Note directors should gather together to do the adaptation for the anime. It's kind of an obvious choice to me with the kind of manga The Promised Neverland is.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:48 am Reply with quote
Congrats on 2 million. I wonder if this will get animated now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2