• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club Anime Gets New TV Series Next Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazaking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Man, I wish KyoAni owned K-ON! I would love to see as many new projects for it.

All aboard the Free boat.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Blazaking wrote:
Man, I wish KyoAni owned K-ON!

I'm still holding out hope that they'll eventually adapt K-On! College and K-On! High School as some kind of anniversary project for the series. In the meantime, a third coeur of anything is good news for the anime industry.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:45 am Reply with quote
I hope Funimation will hurry up and license the movies and the prequel film and get them released before the new season of the series is out. I really enjoyed Free a lot but I am surprised they're going to continue with a TV show. The ending to Eternal Summer felt like a conclusive enough ending to me so I'm curious to know what stories they'll come up with and if they'll add any new characters to the swim club.
Tomchic420

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:35 am Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
Jokes aside, I'm super pumped for the return of Free! as well. Really hope the ships become canon this time around. (Yes, I like my loli shows and my Yaoi/fujoshi bait series equally).

Free! is a yaoi? Since when? Confused
Ethe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:35 am Reply with quote
So we're gonna have SnK and Free! in the same season? Man, this is giving me 2013 flashbacks.
Freedom2018

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:14 am Reply with quote
Can we please get the Starting days (with a dub) Endless Medley and Take your Marks over in the US as well please, I've been dying to see them and can tell you I will definitely be a buyer if someone licenses them! I'm still stoked for a Season 3 (hopefully its not just for japan like these last installments have been.. you're killin' all the fangirls in the US!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:45 am Reply with quote
I'm excited for this.
animefan1238

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm a guy amd I love Free! because it is a really good show. I am pumped for this. Also I am happy the lady fans get some fanservice too. Ready? Set? Go!
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:42 pm Reply with quote
HEY FUNIMATION, CRUNCHYROLL! We currently only have the first two seasons of Free! over hear in the states, meanwhile there are a couple of movies and a third season coming.

I'm just saying, you cave crazy fan boys and girls who will pay through the noses for more Free! Cool
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:48 am Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Blazaking wrote:
Man, I wish KyoAni owned K-ON!

I'm still holding out hope that they'll eventually adapt K-On! College and K-On! High School as some kind of anniversary project for the series. In the meantime, a third coeur of anything is good news for the anime industry.

Agreed. Even though I'm not into Free in particular, this trend for 2018 getting continuations of all sorts of anime is really exciting. The biggest complaint I've had as an anime fan is the sheer number of one season shows that end up stopping at what amounts to the setup phase of a story, so all these sequels is incredibly welcome in my book.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Looks like KyoAni does know that there are numbers that come after "two". Now lets see if S3 of Haruhi will ever happen~
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2