• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: HYOUKA Part Two BD+DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
king 47

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Hyouka is my favorite TV show, anime or otherwise. It makes me really happy that was licensed and that many people get the chance to enjoy it.

The show has character development like no other anime I've seen. Even though I watched it a few times, I'm reading people's views of the characters that I never thought of, which makes me appreciate the show even more. To me Hyouka was never a mystery show, it's a character development show with some light mystery on the side.

The last scene was so emotional for me because spoiler[ I really wanted them to be together, even though I'm the kind of viewer that doesn't care about these things, yet I really respect the choice and appreciate it.]

As for the music, I think they did a superb job on the music.
Grendel8
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:21 pm Reply with quote
@king 47
I agree with you on feeling the show was mainly about character development with a side order of mystery. I may have wished for some differences in the ending, but I feel that the way they presented it was very fitting with the rest of the series and I would not change it..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3