• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Strike Tanaka's Servamp Manga Gets Anime Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Looks like it is going to be about the Misono/Lust arc that was skipped in the tv series. I hope funimation picks it up.
Rubyleaf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm Reply with quote
"While Mahiru's personal philosophy is one of non-intervention"... Are we uh... talking about the same Mahiru here? The Mahiru I know has the personal philosophy of helping and saving everyone he sees, ever, whether they want him to or not. But okay.

Anyway, was kinda hoping for a second season but rationally speaking the movie does sound like a better solution. I mean, the anime skipped a whole arc with some super important plot points (do anime-only viewers even have an idea what exactly happened to Hugh at the end?), so a movie's a good way to put the tangled plot threads back in order to maybe lay the grounds for an eventual more faithful season two. Anyway, going by the illustration it really will be the Lust arc, so I'm looking forward to that! And I wonder how they're gonna incorporate the Greed Pair into the story? I mean, they weren't even introduced at that point in the manga...
Sobe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Well at least it wasn't a live action film, stage play, or musical adaptation. One bullet dodged I suppose.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully it won't be a compilation film.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1