• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fundraising Launched for Vital Medical Treatment for Voice Actor Chris Ayres

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:29 am Reply with quote
WhiteOrochi wrote:
I'd donate in a heartbeat if I'd have the spare cash. Sad Chris' Frieza has been nothing short of amazing and I also enjoyed his Kurono from Gantz. Best wishes to Greg Ayres (his brother) and the rest of his family.

Something as low as $5 helps.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
It's great that the gaol has been reached, but sad that they had to do it in the first place. Where is that great health care plan that Donald Trump promised?
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
OK guys, 8:30am PST $18,500 raised from 625 people, I plunked down $100. Anyone care to beat me?? I hope some already did, Fighto!!

No, but just matched it. Smile 1,237 donors; $32,386!

This is heartbreaking. Chris is a class act, someone I've had fun with over several Anime Bostons. Greg, sweetheart he is, must be beside himself.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quote
CandisWhite wrote:
My heart breaks for this man. I have Cystic Fibrosis and am a Status 0 on the lung transplant list: I know exactly how it feels to have fragile lungs. And as a Canadian...$25 000. To have a lung transplant. Jesus, America.

I wish you the best with your Cystic Fibrosis. I had a gall bladder removed 4 years ago, and the hospital bill was $50,000 (thank goodness for insurance). I'm betting the total cost of his procedures are going to be way more.

Made a small donation. I wish Chris and his family all the best.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:41 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:58 am Reply with quote
It's nice to know that he's doing at least a little better.
k_dawg_3484

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
OK guys, 8:30am PST $18,500 raised from 625 people, I plunked down $100. Anyone care to beat me?? I hope some already did, Fighto!!

Well, since you insisted, I doubled down on you.

Chris is a great guy. I've seen him at numerous cons, and his passion for directing is just infectious. It's always a pleasure to just listen him talk about his craft. With his giant, goofy plastic mug he carries everywhere.

He's touched so many lives, both professionally and in the fanbase, though his work. He's in Houston; we have some of the best doctors in the world here. I hope our contributions can help him beat this.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Leonard Nimoy died because of COPD. Chris is a known smoker. If that is the cause then I don't feel sorry for him. Good luck tho.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3