• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Licenses Infini-T Force TV Anime, Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peebs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm almost on the not-gonna-watch-side side of the fence, but now that somebody other than AS has this I may just go to the dark side and regret it.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Peebs wrote:
I'm almost on the not-gonna-watch-side side of the fence, but now that somebody other than AS has this I may just go to the dark side and regret it.

Everyone was wondering if this would go to Sentai (and probably Anime Strike) or to CR, and Viz comes along and says, "Did you forget about me?"

Hopefully they still are still putting content on Tubi TV for Canadians, although I wonder how this will pan out for other countries not covered by Wakanim in Europe.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:32 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Peebs wrote:

Everyone was wondering if this would go to Sentai (and probably Anime Strike) or to CR, and Viz comes along and says, "Did you forget about me?"

Hopefully they still are still putting content on Tubi TV for Canadians, although I wonder how this will pan out for other countries not covered by Wakanim in Europe.

Its streaming exclusively on hulu in japan. I honestly hulu was gonna keep its exclusivity here in the states too.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:

Its streaming exclusively on hulu in japan. I honestly hulu was gonna keep its exclusivity here in the states too.

Despite still having the same name, Hulu in the US and Hulu in Japan have been two separate companies for quite a while now:
https://techcrunch.com/2014/02/27/hulu-says-sayonara-sells-off-japanese-unit-to-nippon-tv/
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:40 am Reply with quote
I would have thought Sentai Filmworks would have gotten this given SF has licensed some of the recent "Gatchaman"-based shows.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Peebs wrote:

Maybe because I don't post here much and don't know you, but why would you have regrets watching this? What's wrong with Viz?

Have to admit, I was hoping for Crunchyroll/Funimation So that we could get a Simuldub (I was dreading the possibility of it going to Anime Strike), but Viz is good too. Wonder who they'll get for the dub?
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting Sentai to license this series given that they previously licensed the other Gatchaman series and license the CG Space Captain Harlock.

This is the second unexpected license from Viz Media and their third anime license this year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. 2014: The original Sailor Moon Uncut and Sailor Moon Crystal, Doraemon (The 2005 anime series with dub) - 3

2. 2015: The Sequel to K, One-Punch Man, and Hunter x Hunter - 3, 2 if you simply count OPM and HxH

3. 2016: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable and the rest of the JoJo's anime series, Terra-Formars - 2

4. 2017: Boruto, Mr. Osomatsu and Infini-T Force - 3 (so far)
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I would have thought Sentai Filmworks would have gotten this given SF has licensed some of the recent "Gatchaman"-based shows.

most people was expecting funi since the licensed casshan sins. though who knows. if this series does well , maybe the big T MIGHT give the macross series to viz media once harmony gold's monopoly ends in 2019! one can only hope.

regardless this series is interesting enough since its a 3D anime like ajin and appleseed. though its animation is a lot more fluid than those series. though it would have been nice if it was tekkaman blade instead of the original.

though the question will this series EVEN get an english dub? or will viz end up pulling a sentai and give it a sub only release?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:03 am Reply with quote
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:
I was expecting Sentai to license this series given that they previously licensed the other Gatchaman series and license the CG Space Captain Harlock.

1. CG Captain Harlock is from Toei, not Tatsunoko.

2. Sentai does not have the license to that movie, Ketchup Entertainment does (and Twilight Time has Blu-ray rights but Ketchup is credited there too). If you're referring to the dub, that was made before it got licensed and had more to do with Director Shinji Aramaki since Steven Foster and the Houston cast had done work for his previous CG films which also got released by other companies here (see Appleseed Ex-Machina (WB), Starship Troopers: Invasion (Sony) & Halo Legends (originally WB, now Shout Factory)).

jr240483 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

most people was expecting funi since the licensed casshan sins.

Also Speed Racer and the failure that is Yatterman Night...

Though Sentai also has all of the original Gatchaman (in addition to both Crowds seasons), original Casshern and that Time Bokan crossover OVA that CPM used to have.

Quote:
though the question will this series EVEN get an english dub? or will viz end up pulling a sentai and give it a sub only release?

Viz doesn't release anime sub-only so of course it will, just don't expect any VAs from previous dubs to return.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:59 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:

1. CG Captain Harlock is from Toei, not Tatsunoko.

2. Sentai does not have the license to that movie, Ketchup Entertainment does (and Twilight Time has Blu-ray rights but Ketchup is credited there too). If you're referring to the dub, that was made before it got licensed and had more to do with Director Shinji Aramaki since Steven Foster and the Houston cast had done work for his previous CG films which also got released by other companies here (see Appleseed Ex-Machina (WB), Starship Troopers: Invasion (Sony) & Halo Legends (originally WB, now Shout Factory)).

jr240483 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

most people was expecting funi since the licensed casshan sins.

Also Speed Racer and the failure that is Yatterman Night...

Though Sentai also has all of the original Gatchaman (in addition to both Crowds seasons), original Casshern and that Time Bokan crossover OVA that CPM used to have.

Quote:

Viz doesn't release anime sub-only so of course it will, just don't expect any VAs from previous dubs to return.

i have only three words about that NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

people said the exact same thing about ADV and Funi before both starting releasing some series that are sub only. even more so in funi's case where they giving series that should have gotten an auto hyb release (Omamori Himari , OniAi and especially Buddy Complex) instead gotten a sub only release.

so is it possible that viz might do that with this series? absolutely since tatsunoko series not named macross aka robotech didn't do so hot with the general US audience when they were released to the US in the past. also it wouldnt passed me if they even tell viz to even give this series a sub only release as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:36 pm Reply with quote
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:

This is the second unexpected license from Viz Media and their third anime license this year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. 2014: The original Sailor Moon Uncut and Sailor Moon Crystal, Doraemon (The 2005 anime series with dub) - 3

2. 2015: The Sequel to K, One-Punch Man, and Hunter x Hunter - 3, 2 if you simply count OPM and HxH

3. 2016: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable and the rest of the JoJo's anime series, Terra-Formars - 2

4. 2017: Boruto, Mr. Osomatsu and Infini-T Force - 3 (so far)

Next year I think they will license Golden Kamuy, One-Punch Man 2, something else (maybe Ito Junji Collection or something like a Platinum End adaptation), and K: Seven Stories.
Southkaio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:15 pm Reply with quote
This is my dream voice cast for the anime's English dub:

Emi Kaidō: Mae Whitman
Takeshi Yoroi/Polymar: David Stanbra
Tetsuya Azuma/Casshan: Eric Bauza
Jōji Minami/Tekkaman: Roger Craig Smith
Ken Washio/Gatchaman G-01: Carlos Alazraqui
Z: John de Lancie
Damian Gray: Jason Isaacs
Raja Kaan: Sunil Malhotra
Belle Lynn: Colleen Villard

What do you think?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1