• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pixar's John Lasseter Takes Leave of Absence Amid Allegations of Sexual Misconduct

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:13 pm Reply with quote
And for the the actual topic related to this article, I also agree, particularity for the ease of access to information on the internet, this is not anywhere near over for other powerful figures. And this is not a new phenomenon with or without it. Either these powerful people will get justice served, or unfortunately get better at hiding it.

Sad that it hits so close to home. I love Toy Story. There are deeper psychological issues for this man for sure.

Edit: More constructive comments included.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:02 pm Reply with quote
He is on leave for 6 months until the public focuses on another topic, then he will come back and keep doing what he has been doing. The public has the minds and patience of goldfish.
Xristophoros

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Nobody is more saddened by this news than Miazaki I am sure... knowing that Miyazaki is (or was) very close friends with John will undoubtedly make things very awkward for him now. Even as a big fan of Pixars' earlier work, this has me shaking my head in disgust. I believe there must be even worse acts pertaining to John that we don't know about, but since he is under the roof of Disney, he will make a deal with the media and shield the worst bits. Disney won't allow the bad stuff to get out -- their lawyers will make sure of it.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:25 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
mrsatan wrote:
These Hollywood allegations are just getting weaker and weaker.
Weinstein seemed like a legit monster, but now we've got... a guy that gave hugs. Really?

Didn't know we were grading on a scale. Besides he's the one who describes it as just "hugs". Obviously it was a little more than that.
Aye, Sumo wrestling usually starts off as a "hug" showing that that action alone will leave one vulnerable to all sorts of violations to one's person. However having said that; the increase of alleged "victims" coming forward does raise the obvious question, how many are actually true and how many are bogus by people looking to fulfill a grudge, or gain financially via some compensation payment. These situations have been exposed by false rape claims in the past in many courts through out the world including here in the UK. Wink
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:28 am Reply with quote
Xristophoros wrote:
Nobody is more saddened by this news than Miazaki I am sure... knowing that Miyazaki is (or was) very close friends with John will undoubtedly make things very awkward for him now. Even as a big fan of Pixars' earlier work, this has me shaking my head in disgust. I believe there must be even worse acts pertaining to John that we don't know about, but since he is under the roof of Disney, he will make a deal with the media and shield the worst bits. Disney won't allow the bad stuff to get out -- their lawyers will make sure of it.
What's keeping Miyazaki from being exposed by some in his past? Wink
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:41 am Reply with quote
The 1921 Virginia Rappe rape/murder that Fatty Arbuckle was acquitted of wast the Hollywood sex crime scandal that started them all. Though Arbuckle continued to do direct or play in films/shorts until his death in 1933, his career really plummeted after the scandal.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Damn. No one is safe from being exposed these days. Every time you wake up you have to wonder who is getting accused now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4