• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Alternate-World Light Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:27 pm Reply with quote
That key visual doesn't fill me with hope; yeesh, Hajime's squashed face. But I liked the WNs well enough, so as long as the animation isn't painfully bad then this should be enjoyable enough.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:50 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
WANNFH wrote:
And let's not forget about Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari/The Rising of the Shield Hero (2012/10/29) - another Narou novel anime. So no, they aren't passed over, it's more about the popularity of series after serialization.

Ah, good catch, I had forgotten. So why do you think Shield Hero has taken longer than Smartphone to get an anime, seeing as it's the more popular series by website rankings and got a print version first?
It's all the publisher and imprint personal decisions, like to boost sales of novel when it's need - and well, Smartphone got different publisher (Hobby Japan) than Tate no Yuusha (Media Factory, like Re:Zero) and Arifureta (Overlap).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:26 am Reply with quote
This is actually 1 of the more talked about LN series I have seen in LN forums. With 7 vol. out so far, I easily see a 24-epi. adaptation, provided they go for at the least the 1st 5 vol.
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
In terms of web novels about gamers gaming gamesystems in gamey worlds to survive being stranded in a horrible dungeon, I'd rather "Kumo desu ga, nani ka?".
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:01 am Reply with quote
*sigh* I loved the web comic. Didn't really like the modified light novels. And they really could have chosen someone better to draw the manga.

But the coming anime? Meh. That PV doesn't give me a lot of hope for the series in general. I really wish someone had finished translating the web comic, but whatever. I'm happy the series is getting some attention.
Phantowhite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
i'm so hyped for this, super looking forward to it. definitely one of my favorite series out there currently in fact i was just about to read vol. 2 before i saw this post so that's kind of weird. the manga is definitely rushed in a lot of places even though i like the art from the manga better than the LN i'd prefer if they stuck closer to the LN's. in any case 2018 is going to be a great year for me since so many good LN series are getting adaptations (let's just hope they all turn out well)
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Interesting plot. The MC actually isn't OP and struggles. I'll give this a watch, but I have to see the trailer first.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3