• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Devil May Cry HD Collection Launches on PS4, Xbox One, PC on March 13

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavenDaRogue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 am Reply with quote
Let's just hope it means DMC 5 leaks are true and it's part of building the hype. Also fudge yeah! DMC1 on Steam
Spawn29

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprise the Devil May Cry collection is not coming out for the Switch.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Capcom is slowly hitting the right notes so far. First, Mega Man 11, now Devil May Cry HD collection for PC. Smile

Can't wait for 2018!
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Spawn29 wrote:

That's because the DMC games were never on a Nintendo console to begin with. It was mostly PS and Xbox.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I always knew that the whole Devil May Cry trilogy will come to PC someday. All those years of waiting were worth it! Now I hope the Ninja Gaiden trilogy gets PC ported too and 2018 will be great for me! Laughing
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:13 am Reply with quote
All this does is remind me that the reboot attempt blew up in CAPCOM's face so bad they've spent years running away from it.
Pietato

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Devil May Cry 2 does not exist. They went from DMC to DMC3.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:53 am Reply with quote
Already have this collection but I'll double-dip since my PS3 is becoming more of a Blu-ray-only player for movies and not for games anymore. I should also get the Resident Evil 4-6 & Revelations 1 PS4 ports soon as well along with 7's Gold Edition.

Spawn29 wrote:

It's probably because this collection doesn't have DMC 4, which had it's Special Edition released digitally on other consoles a few years back (along with the Ninja Theory reboot but we don't talk about that game).

Heishi wrote:
That's because the DMC games were never on a Nintendo console to begin with. It was mostly PS and Xbox.

And Devil May Cry was never on a Microsoft console until 4 originally came out on the 360 in 2008 so that could change again, especially with how Dante & Vergil appeared as playable characters in the Project X Zone series.

With Capcom seemingly being pro-Switch now thanks to the Mega Man news, I can see them doing a Devil May Cry collection for the Switch for a later date but it will have to include 4 and would also depend on if the rumored DMC5 will be released on the Switch as well as the other consoles.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
All this does is remind me that the reboot attempt blew up in CAPCOM's face so bad they've spent years running away from it.

Which gets funny when you see how Devil May Cry 2 still gets exposure despite being regarded as the weakest of the original 4 games and canonically it suceeds the 3rd and 4th game both of which are prequels to it for some reason.

NJ_ wrote:

And Devil May Cry was never on a Microsoft console until 4 originally came out on the 360 in 2008 so that could change again, especially with how Dante & Vergil appeared as playable characters in the Project X Zone series.

I wouldn't really use that as a example though, after all Kiryu from Yakuza is in the PXZ too but outside of the remasters/ports that were released on the Wii U/Wii none of the other Yakuza games have been on a Nintendo console same thing with Tekken.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1