• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: App Users Rank Best Anime, Manga, Video Games, Characters of 2017

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Fate/Grand Order

I assume this is because of the NA version, no?
Skydrop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:22 pm Reply with quote
what?! Touken Ranbu declared as best anime of the year? Guess what, that means season 2 is incoming after the movie releases! :\
catbot158

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:30 pm Reply with quote
You know, I keep forgetting that Touken Ranbu is actually a big deal in Japan. I would be more obsessed if the game was in English. Let me in... Evil or Very Mad
Also, Mikazuki's only 17th place? Shame, shame, shame. Though Tsurumaru's Top 2, so I shouldn't complain.

Now I really need to watch Osomatsu-san. Sounds like fun!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:32 pm Reply with quote
. . . . . . why is every single seiyuu ranking the same... Mamuro Miyano, then either Soma Saito or Hiroshi Kamiya, and then Shouta Aoi as #3, and none of my favorites on the whole list except Shouta Aoi. Bleh, kind of sick of seeing that. I've heard Toshiki Masuda is pretty popular, why isn't he on this list? And Toshiyuki Toyonaga,

But I'm glad to see ANN post at least something reflecting what's actually popular in Japan, instead of trying to pretend that the stuff that's popular in America is popular there. In Japan it's all moe collector games - Love Live and maybe one other girl game, and then a ton of boy games, and then Fate, which has both.

Also really happy for StarMyu and TsukiPro which are finally picking up popularity, from their second anime seasons this year. They deserve it~
nogara119

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Fails for no mention of Mutsunokami ><

Meanwhile LOL at Tsurumaru being number two and Mikazuki being in the top twenty despite the fact that neither appeared in Katsugeki that much Laughing Laughing Laughing
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:39 pm Reply with quote
There is a typo in the article. You spelled "novel" as "nove" @editor
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
That MHA love! That Todoroki love! That Bakugo love! Beautiful.
NeoAnkara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:55 pm Reply with quote
And there are still no news for Japanese Google Play Award.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
otamart conducted the poll from November 15-19. Of the respondents, 4,462 people (90.9%) identified as female, and 449 people (9.1%) identified as male.

I don't really know what this pool rely means. But looks like this "otamart" app is mostly used by females so this results is mostly applied to females fans.

AksaraKishou wrote:
Quote:
Fate/Grand Order

Nope, Fate/Grand Order is simply climbing to be the number 1 Game/App in Japan.

In this Winter Comiket 93 for the first time TYPE-MOON it will be the number one dōjin circle. According to industry insiders, most of this success is because the great success of Fate/Grand Order game in Japan.

If you are curious, the dōjin circle positions (the ones that can really show the popularity of any franchise with hardcore game/anime/manga fans) are:
1- TYPE-MOON 1,498 circles
2- Kantai Collection 1,460 circles
3- The IDOLM@STER 1,384 circles
4- Touhou Project 1,290 circles
5- Touken Ranbu 1,014 circles
6- Yuri!!! on Ice 534 circles.

Last edited by Jonny Mendes on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
Quote:
otamart conducted the poll from November 15-19. Of the respondents, 4,462 people (90.9%) identified as female, and 449 people (9.1%) identified as male.

I don't really know what this pool rely means. But looks like this "otamart" app is mostly used by females so this results is mostly applied to females fans.

AksaraKishou wrote:
Quote:
Fate/Grand Order

Nope, Fate/Grand Order is simply climbing to be the number 1 Game/App in Japan.

In this Winter Comiket 93 for the first time TYPE-MOON it will be the number one dōjin circle. According to industry insiders, most of this success because the great success of Fate/Grand Order game in Japan.

If you are curious, the dōjin circle positions (the ones that really show the success of any franchise with hardcore game/anime/manga fans) are:
1- TYPE-MOON 1,498 circles
2- Kantai Collection 1,460 circles
3- The IDOLM@STER 1,384 circles
4- Touhou Project 1,290 circles
5- Touken Ranbu 1,014 circles
6- Yuri!!! on Ice 534 circles.

I asked that because Granblue Fantasy should the there too then. That said, while the game is really good, the app is...hum.. Yeah. Let's just say that most people play on Chrome.
Miuna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Otamart is a shopping app where people (primarily females) list their anime merch for private sale. The results pretty much line up with the items that are in highest demand atm (A3 is getting huge).
CardamonPastel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:53 pm Reply with quote
nogara119 wrote:
Fails for no mention of Mutsunokami ><

Meanwhile LOL at Tsurumaru being number two and Mikazuki being in the top twenty despite the fact that neither appeared in Katsugeki that much Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mutsunokami isnt that popular. Also this poll is taking into account the game Touken Ranbu as well as the 2017 anime. Both Mikazuki and Tsurumaru are well loved no matter where they appear.
CardamonPastel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:55 pm Reply with quote
catbot158 wrote:
You know, I keep forgetting that Touken Ranbu is actually a big deal in Japan. I would be more obsessed if the game was in English. Let me in... Evil or Very Mad
Also, Mikazuki's only 17th place? Shame, shame, shame. Though Tsurumaru's Top 2, so I shouldn't complain.

Now I really need to watch Osomatsu-san. Sounds like fun!

I'm happy Mikazuki appeared on the list at all. Smile and Tsurumaru too. Im glad knowing they're both still really popular.
CardamonPastel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:57 pm Reply with quote
While I don't agree with shitty ass Katsugeki being anime of the year ( even though I'm a tkrb fan I can acknowledge that it wasn't good ), I guess it should be expected since a majority of the voters in this poll were female. Oh well, at least my old kids ( Mikazuki, Tsurumaru ) made it into the poll
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Good job Starmyu, Tsukipro, and Saiyuki!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2