• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - Lastman, Standing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:07 pm Reply with quote
The composition of the production committee is a pretty decent way to tell if something is anime. While a children's anime may have a few international sponsors such as McDonalds, the majority of the committee will be domestic brands.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:32 am Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
An easy way to tell is to see if its censored or not. Metal Fight was censored in America and the Japanese version was uncut. Generally a show made for foreign audiences will be made without objectional content in it to begin with.

That's difficult to gauge as Beywheelz and Beyraiderz were never released in Japan and Beywarriors Cyborg was never released in North America. The first two are believed to have Japanese audio tracks as the Italian dub uses it as a base. The last has an English dub, but it was only aired in South East Asia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2