• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Captain Tsubasa Soccer Anime Gets New TV Anime in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:54 pm Reply with quote
falcon.punch wrote:
^ North America to be exact, my mistake. ;P

Soccer isn't popular in Mexico? That's pretty astonishing.
Faiyez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Captain Tsubasa is one of those manga that's virtually unheard of in the Anglosphere, but enjoys a mythical status basically everywhere else.

Latin Americans truly have a special relationship with the animated adaptations, where we have the series' namesake and many other characters being subject to some of the most baffling and inconsistent name alterations, as well as westernization of school names on which the teams were based on. It becomes especially egregious when you know that nothing else about the Japanese setting is being obscured or downplayed.

Also of note in recent years is the Internet facilitating the emergence and spread of a really persistent theory of urban legend quality that has become near universal belief in the fandom (Spanish speaking, at least) surrounding the facts of the protagonist's life and fate. It amounts to a fairly morbid yet strangely compelling twist on the "It was all just a dream" trope.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Look at it this way: given David’s reputation, this could get licensed and finally have a dub. Plus, it’s not like Vento Aureo won’t be adapted in the future.
Enturax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:17 am Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:

And they are also remaking Saint Seiya instead of adapting Next Dimension

Well, on the bright side:
1. It's supposedly a CG animation, so I'd not like to see SS's continuation made in such a style.
2. The more stuff related to those shows we get, the bigger the chance we'll have - to see an actual continuation due to their growth in popularity.
anddo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:40 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Look at it this way: given David’s reputation, this could get licensed and finally have a dub. Plus, it’s not like Vento Aureo won’t be adapted in the future.

Two things
1) It's not called Vento Aureo, it's called Golden Wind. Ogon no Kaze translates to Golden Wind in English and Vento Aureo was never once used by Araki or any Japanese media involving JoJo.
2) Part 5 will absolutely never get animated. We've known that since at least August (a month after the last Part 4 BD and with no announcement against previous pattern) and this just seals the deal. The JoJo anime is done with.
WormyJester8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Cool. If they will animate entire story from the beginning up to latest parts they could be in time for Tokyo Olympics (since Rising Sun is about Tsubasa participating in Olympics football tournament).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2