• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Whatever Happened to Welcome to the Ballroom?

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Whitewolf55

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:28 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:

I wasn't aware of that either. It does put things into place more or less for the dancing. It's unfortunate that Shingo wasn't available for the entire run of the project, I wonder how much better it might have looked otherwise.
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Why is everyone getting so hung up on this show? I don't see the big deal.
Chrysostomus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Okay, so I was a part of the problem instead of being a responsible mod. Discussion that is not specifically about Welcome to the Ballroom should stop now. If posts continue discussing gender politics and the like, then I'll be locking the thread. Sorry folks.
I have never seen such a schizophrenic message coming from the people who run this site and the moderators who manage the boards.

"When we discuss anime we're going to make EVERYTHING about x and y issue, but DON'T EVEN THINK for one second that you guys can have an honest discussion about it, unless you're parroting us and agreeing with what we say!"

Seriously, you guys.
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Chrysostomus wrote:
I have never seen such a schizophrenic message coming from the people who run this site and the moderators who manage the boards.

"When we discuss anime we're going to make EVERYTHING about x and y issue, but DON'T EVEN THINK for one second that you guys can have an honest discussion about it, unless you're parroting us and agreeing with what we say!"

Seriously, you guys.

Or this board is getting overzealous? I am all for discussions, but that seems to have dissolved as the "conversations" have continue.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote
BlueRex666 wrote:

Or this board is getting overzealous? I am all for discussions, but that seems to have dissolved as the "conversations" have continue.

This right here. If people simply avoided slinging insults and turning "conversations" into shouting matches often with nerd rage tantrums we'd have to step in far far less. Plus wen we do have to step in we do often have to crack down on other issues in a thread as well that we may have been letting slide some. We can't get on one problem and then ignore another at that point. Honestly, do people think we like having to deal with messes like this to begin with? We'd be happy as hell never having to moderate anything and being able to simply enjoy our time here more with more time to discuss shows as normal users.

As for your particular issue with Willag Chrysostomus, when a thread is as hot button and active as this one we can't as mods always just wait for the mod handling the thread primarily to get on and tackle an issue. Often a second or third, depending on time zones, has to step in. This thread has 2 mods, a reviewer/editor, and an admin all active and all of us coming from different view points and roles within ANN and different interests with the show itself. With so many staff active in a thread unfortunately we sometimes get our wires crossed and aren't all on the same page. Apologies for that but we are only human ourselves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14