• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll, Funimation Announce 7 Anime for Winter 2018 Simulcast Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mealstrom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:00 pm Reply with quote
No, worded that wrong. HiDIVE hasn't been getting any of the good Sentai simulcasts. I'm just wondering if that's changing, because I will gladly ditch Strike for it if it ever happened.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm not sure if there is a specific source out there that officially confirms that, but I don't believe a Sentai pickup has appeared on CR since CR and Funi signed their, "you take care of streaming the subs and we'll stream the dubs" deal.

Well, the mostly did for Fall 16/Winter 17. As I recall, in Fall 16 CR streamed Flip Flappers, Girlish Number and Classicaloid, which were also available on The Anime Network. It wasn't until Sentai started putting their titles exclusively on Anime Strike (and later HiDive) that their licensed shows stopped appearing on CR. (And, from what I can tell, the aforementioned simulcasts are no long included in CR's catalog.)
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I was sure Netflix would get Darling In The Franxx, since they have Little Witch Academia and Fate/Apocrypha. Now let's see if someone gets Pop Team Epic.

Last edited by v1cious on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Oh no, Funiamtion are doing a simul-dub for DARLING in the FRANXX, I was hoping that a show of this pedigree was going to get a polished dub curtsy of Aniplex later on. I hope one day we get a re-dub.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Funi for grabbing Franx and Citrus. I'll be waiting for cast announcements.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:37 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Oh no, Funiamtion are doing a simul-dub for DARLING in the FRANXX, I was hoping that a show of this pedigree was going to get a polished dub curtsy of Aniplex later on. I hope one day we get a re-dub.

Right, because it's not like The Ancient Magus Bride's dub hasn't been great or anything. Rolling Eyes How about instead of complaining about a dub that doesn't even exist yet, form an opinion after it does, okay?
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Right, because it's not like The Ancient Magus Bride's dub hasn't been great or anything. Rolling Eyes How about instead of complaining about a dub that doesn't even exist yet, form an opinion after it does, okay?

I don't think you should bother too much. Hating on FUNi's dub is his shtick. Regardless of how good they are.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Basilisk!!! Hopefully this means crunchyroll got it to, but I may wait for English dub. I watched a bit of the first series in sub but finished in dub. I thought the voice acting was good and suited the characters, and the lip syncing wasn't off enough to notice. You just gotta pretend all mideaval japanese people spoke English and it's a pretty good experience lol. I'm sure anime makers don't mind. Theyve been letting it happen before even dbz, so take it up with Japan, sub onlys.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:49 pm Reply with quote
#854626 wrote:
Basilisk!!! Hopefully this means crunchyroll got it to, but I may wait for English dub. I watched a bit of the first series in sub but finished in dub. I thought the voice acting was good and suited the characters, and the lip syncing wasn't off enough to notice. You just gotta pretend all mideaval japanese people spoke English and it's a pretty good experience lol. I'm sure anime makers don't mind. Theyve been letting it happen before even dbz, so take it up with Japan, sub onlys.

It's in the article.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Mealstrom wrote:
No, worded that wrong. HiDIVE hasn't been getting any of the good Sentai simulcasts. I'm just wondering if that's changing, because I will gladly ditch Strike for it if it ever happened.

As a Canadian, I'd love to ditch Amazon Prime and just retain my HiDIVE sub as well. Sadly, it looks like the AS gets all the good Sentai pickups and HiDIVE gets a few scraps might be around for a while.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Mealstrom wrote:

HIDIVE has most if not all of the Sentai titles that went to Strike, just outside the US (and Canada). Doesn't really help those of us in either country, or others outside the regions covered.
adhamhelmy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I’m waiting for the sequels to be announced as in saiki 2 and overlord 2
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Winter is kind of a dead season for me. I'm fine with waiting for Violet Evergarden to come on Netflix. Other than that nothing really comes out to me. The Junji Ito collection may be good. I have a feeling Darling in the Franxxx is gunna be heterosexual nonsense with some robots, but it may surprise me. I'll still try it. If Netflix doesn't pick up the newest fate I'll watch that too then.

Good thing Magus Bride will be continuing through winter.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:06 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Huh, Crunchyroll-Funimation got Darling? Does this mean Aniplex (of A) think the show is not lucrative enough they're willing to let this one go?

Could be like Kiznaiver where Crunchyroll is on the production committee.
Melicans

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
L'Imperatore wrote:
Huh, Crunchyroll-Funimation got Darling? Does this mean Aniplex (of A) think the show is not lucrative enough they're willing to let this one go?

Could be like Kiznaiver where Crunchyroll is on the production committee.

The surprise is Funimation having it for a dub. Aniplex generally releases their titles on every streaming service I think, so it showing up on Crunchy isn't a new thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4