• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu Yu Hakusho Manga Gets New Animated Work

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:07 am Reply with quote
wh....what does this mean??? a new TV series???? Shocked
supersqueak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:14 am Reply with quote
I am so happy to hear this but I am kinda wondering if it is a special a movie or maybe a reboot or something? Can't be anything truly original I mean Yoshirhiro Togashi has enough trouble working on Hunter X Hunter. Whatever it is I am happy that its happening because Yu Yu Hakusho deserves some love people hardly talk about it anymore. The only thing that kinda bugs me is how lanky the new art work makes the guys look I really don't want it to look like that. These guys are supposed to have some muscle definition and meat on their bones.

Last edited by supersqueak on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:16 am Reply with quote
cddb wrote:

supersqueak wrote:
I am so happy to hear this but I am kinda wondering if it is a special a movie or maybe a reboot or something? Can't be anything truly original I mean Yoshirhiro Togashi has enough trouble working on Hunter X Hunter. Whatever it is I am happy that its happening because Yu Yu Hakusho deserves some love people hardly talk about it anymore. The only thing that kinda bugs me is how lanky the new art work makes the guys look I really don't want it to look like that. These guys are supposed to have some muscle definition and meat on their bones.

http://moetron.news/post/168595385810/a-new-yu-yu-hakusho-anime-special-will-be-included

^ It's for the 25 anniversary Blu-ray set.....they probably should've specified this
Gabriel Augusto Vidigal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:16 am Reply with quote
Now, that is a big surprise, I wonder what will it be.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:41 am Reply with quote
ShugoYotsuba wrote:
cddb wrote:

supersqueak wrote:

http://moetron.news/post/168595385810/a-new-yu-yu-hakusho-anime-special-will-be-included

^ It's for the 25 anniversary Blu-ray set.....they probably should've specified this

Thank god, the last thing we need is another super.
MugenPancake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:02 am Reply with quote
God I'm so hype, even if it's 5 minutes long I'll enjoy it Very Happy
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:10 am Reply with quote
ShugoYotsuba wrote:

Our staff member at the event wasn't able to confirm the BD box set part, that must have been at a different booth instead of the Bandai Visual booth where the picture in the article is from. As soon as we can confirm this information, we will update the article.
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:16 am Reply with quote
Probably just a 25 minutes ova then if it's for the box set.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:07 am Reply with quote
I really hope this is a new anime series and not only a movie or something similar.
A reboot like the new Hunter x Hunter anime would be awesome.
Would be cool if the stuff from the manga that was never animated gets animated this time.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:16 am Reply with quote
So the best of both worlds, people get new content, but they also do not get a new adaptation. Which lets be honest most fans won't want. HXH benefited as there was a lot of unadapted material, and even then it still has its detractors.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:31 am Reply with quote
I had this as a possibility. So it's part of the BD. I wonder if it will be set after....
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:46 am Reply with quote
I think it'd be great if a reboot would eventually happen. I haven't got the chance to read the manga or watch the adaptation due to the difficulty of getting them around my place these days, and would really love to see it in a reboot form since I enjoyed HxH much and have loved Togashi's take on shounen writing. I suspect there are lots out there like me and the 'newborn' anime fans who'd look forward to see the famous and ever similarly sounding title 'Yu Yu Hakusho' from the guy behind HxH.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:08 am Reply with quote
Smartphone game, OVA...I wonder if they’re testing the waters to see how much interest there still is for YYH.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:11 am Reply with quote
It would be cool if the new OVA adapted one of the stand-alone chapters of the manga that were skipped by the anime, either before Yusuke's resurrection of after the Makai tournament. Personally, I'd love to see chapter 173 animated.

I also wonder if they'll ever manage to clear the rights to the second movie, known in the US as "Poltergeist Report". It wasn't a part of the first BD release in Japan, and it never got released in that format anywhere.
Enturax

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:37 am Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
cddb wrote:

supersqueak wrote:

Thank god, the last thing we need is another super.

Haha, true, but then again: Toei proved to be one of the worst studios and Toriyama being a mediocre writer (without his editors) - way before Super. I doubt it'd have as many inconsistencies and lack of vibes of the original series as Super has.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2