• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Gossip Site: Kemono Friends Anime's 2nd Season Offered to Sunrise

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote
So even KFG will die soon? smh

Not even Sunrise with Goro Taniguchi directing KF Season 2 would get me to watch it.
msgundam2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Now we can have Gundam Friends.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:53 pm Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:
Now we can have Gundam Friends.

Or Love Live Furries.
Dalek-baka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Aikatsu seems not to be doing great so Bandai/Sunrise might be looking for something new - keep mystery part for adults, add some stuff that might bring more kids to watch it and it will be fine.

Some fans will probably drop it but there should be enough to make it profitable.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:20 pm Reply with quote
While I dislike Kadokawa for how they treated the people that made Kemono Friends I will give the second season a fair evaluation. I would be cautiously optimistic if this rumor is true since Sunrise is a good studio.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I take it this will still be 3D? If not I will check it out to see what all the fuss is about, but I doubt it.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Kemono Friends is beyond dead now, a victim of some of the worst corporate politics I've heard of in about 15 years. Not even Sunrise can save it.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Although I cannot say if this is a good thing or a bad thing but I would love to see Love Live x Kemono Friends! Very Happy
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Would I be correct in suggesting that any further actions taken in this production's history are for the sake of damage control rather than commercial success? Even if Sunrise accepts the offer and lends their finesse to the sequel, I imagine it would count for little in face of the lingering sense of ill-will. Indeed, they would even risk being seen as complicit in this quagmire.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NeonZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Would I be correct in suggesting that any further actions taken in this production's history are for the sake of damage control rather than commercial success? Even if Sunrise accepts the offer and lends their finesse to the sequel, I imagine it would count for little in face of the lingering sense of ill-will. Indeed, they would even risk being seen as complicit in this quagmire.

I'd guess whatever next big project they announce will push Mine Yoshizaki front and center as creator of the franchise and idea-man behind the first season in order to give it some legitimacy and try to dodge the Tatsuki situation.

In his new year's manga artist message in the new Shounen Ace, Mine mentioned working on Keroro Gunso and Kemono Friends next year and he has continued doing small Kemono Friends-related references in Keroro Gunso itself, so it doesn't seem like he has given up on it.

Last edited by NeonZ on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:35 pm Reply with quote
If it is given to Sunrise, I pray they know what to do with it. Their attempt to revive Sgt. Frog/Keroro Gunsou recently with a short Flash series was just bad, and I’m a huge Keroro fan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NeonZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:39 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
If it is given to Sunrise, I pray they know what to do with it. Their attempt to revive Sgt. Frog/Keroro Gunsou recently with a short Flash series was just bad, and I’m a huge Keroro fan.

Those shorts were just meant to open a rerun block of the old show on Animax, not stand by themselves... Although even so their content selection was pretty odd (remake of the first episode and some other early stories - the same ones running in the block-, then suddenly jumping to rushed adaptations of very late manga chapters, while completely ignoring one of the characters featured there, just keeping her around without doing anything).
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I highly doubt SUNRISE will bite the offer, they issued a statement a while ago that they will be doing more "otakuish" anime while their sister studio bandai namco will handle the family/kid oriented shows. So they probably gonna pass it to BNP, assuming that this rumor is true. Well sunrise is swimming on cash anyway.
Feli1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:39 am Reply with quote
I mean at least will know that the budget will be better but that's not as surprising if anyone seen the first season lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1