• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ONE's Mob Psycho 100 Manga Ends on Friday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote
They adapted manga from the 80s and 90s into animation recently. For instance, Miss Hokusai is a recent movie adapted from a manga from the 1980's while Parasyte is an anime show that was adapted from a manga from the 90's. Clearly, just because a manga ends doesn't mean there will not be a "second season". Manga is just raw material for adaptations, similar to novels and other media. In Japan a large fraction of all stories adapted into live action film, TV, anime and even some novels come from manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:14 am Reply with quote
Samiamiam wrote:
Takkun4343 wrote:
G S Palmer wrote:
Hopefully this doesn't mean no second season, but it probably does. Too bad, because personally, I enjoyed this series a lot more than One Punch Man.

So you're saying because the manga is ending while the creator's still alive... that means absolutely no season 2.

What.

Yes. I don't know how you somehow missed this but anime from finished manga only happens when it's extremely famous or some sort of anniversary project. This is because anime is made in part to sell manga- and when the manga is done, there is no more manga to sell. A S2 is extremely unlikely at this point.

Yeah.

Extremely unlikely. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3