• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Animator Claims Anime Studio Production IMS is Not Paying

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:58 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Well, for all we know, it could be a serious case of embezzlement and not mismanagement. But if you're going to steal from a business an animation studio seems like a really, really bad choice Wink

Not unless you're already stealing from every other business you're partnered up with!

(I won't be naming any names, but this was what was going on at one of my previous jobs. The man running it lived under the adage of "There's a sucker born every minute," and he became filthy rich through that.)
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:51 am Reply with quote
One thing I noticed most of the animators I follow on Twitter is that they always sport dishes they like to eat. From favorite sweets to drinks. So hearing about low salaries in an industry where working is unrewarding, I started to think that maybe the studios are paying these people with food. I do not know! It was an idea that occurred to me.

And this is a bit of a shame as well, because Production IMS was founded by former members of AIC, which is a studio with a name and that has several subsidiaries, but ironically it is totally erased nowadays, almost becoming non-existent. I can not understand why these producers leave a studio to found a new one if they are going to get into such a mess.

No wonder Seven Arcs, David Production and Madhouse were bought by TV producers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3