• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Laid-Back Camp (TV + movie).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:19 am Reply with quote

Season 01: Laid-Back Camp (TV)
Season 02: Laid-Back Camp (TV 2) (discussion starts here)
Movie: Laid-Back Camp The Movie (movie)
Season 03: Laid-Back Camp (TV)

Source: Manga (ongoing @ 16 volumes, by Afro)

Demographic: Seinen

Animation Studio:
Season 01: C-Station
Season 02: C-Station
Movie: C-Station
Season 03: 8 bit

Genres: comedy, slice of life

Themes: camping, CGDCT (Cute Girls Doing Cute Things), iyashikei, moe

Plot Summary: Rin enjoys camping by the lakeshore, Mt. Fuji in view. Nadeshiko rides her bike to see Mt. Fuji, too. As the two eat cup noodles together, they behold the beautiful scenery around them.

Air Date & Platform:
Season 01: January 4, 2018 (Thursday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Season 02: January 7, 2021 (Thursday)

Movie: July 1, 2022 (Friday)

Season 03: April 4, 2024 (Thursday)

Episode Count / Runtime:
Season 01: 12 episodes
Season 02: 13 episodes
Movie: 120 minutes
Season 03: Pending

Total: 25 episodes
----------------------------------

Episode 1:

Nice, this was a compfy episode with the atmospheric feel and setting. That Nadeshiko girl sure likes to sleep a lot though.

I like the OP song so far. It's catchy and works for this particular anime.

Out of all the cast, I like Rin the most so far. The way she acts is quite amusing especially when she has a sharp object in her hands. I like her chemistry with Nadeshiko already.

Nadeshiko is also quite an adorable girl with her personality.

I also kinda like the small details added into the episode for setting up the camp and slice of life style storytelling. Overall, a solid start.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Man, Nadeshiko's sister is a real brute. Although I did kind of chuckle at her stomping the unseen Nadeshiko inside the car. Seems like this will be a nice, relaxing brew of cuteness (with some helpful camping tips thrown in). Probably enough to keep me hanging around.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:16 am Reply with quote
I have a history of hiking, was part of the scouts, so I kind of have an appreciation for some story about doing such camping. 5 degrees Celsius though, that goes into the worst cases I heard in regards to a particular night hike event. Similar to Encouragement of Climb, this first episode was making me a little nostalgic to get back to some outdoor activities.

Wondering about the campfire thing though. The show was kind of explaining things, but I am familiar with other rules, like always have a bucket at hand if something goes wrong, the building of the campfire first to not be near anything burnable and there be a pit, and cleaning up the campfire afterwards making sure it is all out. There is this particular piece of information that always stuck with me that if you go to places that there might have been campfires, be careful from stepping on lumps on the ground, especially not jumping on such places as there may have been a campfire that was buried. Where it may have even look safe when they buried it, but still created coals that could actually be really hot from being buried and cause nasty burns.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Nice healing anime when it comes down to the camping

On the broken pole thing, it brings to mind that my father tends to take it on himself to fix broken bits of tents, he turns the kitchen into a workbench for various things. Petty much $10 is a really cheap price for a tent, and I have quite a bit of experience setting up those exact type of tents, especially when I was a Cub Scout leader and you could not rely on 9 or 10 year olds to do it themselves, packing them up tends to be the biggest pain, the never want to go I as easily as they came out.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Heh, that Nadeshiko turning into Fujiko joke at the end had me smiling more than it probably should have. Her behavior in waking up very early in the morning is pretty much me if I were turned into an anime girl.

This show definitely looks to be my comfy anime of the season. Also, I feel like this show is probably at its most appreciable when the viewer is doing something offhandedly as they watch it. For episode 3, I was just sprawled out on my bed, putting yogurt into my mouth as I watched the girls eat their food and it all felt very relaxing. I don’t know if others here will do something similar as they watch it (if they haven’t already), but it’s worth considering in my opinion.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:07 am Reply with quote
It's interesting that Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles and this show are back to back in CR's schedule. They share some similarities in that a large part of the show revolves around a stand-off-ish girl who is being pursued by an enthusiastic girl who wants to be her friend. In fact, both episode threes featured the enthusiastic girl cooking for the stand-off-ish girl and making some headway because of it.

But anyway, yes this show is excellent balm for a weary soul.

Nadeshiko's sister is kind of interesting. We saw her beating the holy tar out of Nadeshiko in the first episode, yet she has the patience to sleep in the car overnight with her.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

This show is so comfy. Like putting yourself into a sleeping bag... followed by wrapping it in aluminium foil, bubble wrap, and a cardboard box.

I liked subtle humour like the dogs in the car bit. Dogs can feel so silly.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:23 am Reply with quote
It is a comfy show, but it is also a legit funny one. So many times I was cracking up, but one of my faves was Nadeshiko running back to the school to get things like "a puppy." Or how Glasses Girl was acting all cool when she said if Nadeshiko needed help carrying her stuff, she'd be the one... then we see Nadeshiko is way ahead of the two campers that had their wheeled carriers. Just tons of stuff like that.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am Reply with quote
This is probably my favorite anime off the season actually. I just enjoy how calming and relaxing it is and the cute friendship between Nadeshiko and Rin. The animation is very lovely too and all the camping info is very interesting. Healing shows like this are just one of my favorite anime genres and it's a show I can always rely on to be enjoyable every week.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Where I am it has been surprisingly cool today, like a switch got flicked despite it still being February, granted it is supposed to still be summer right now, and boy has it been hot. So the episode of Laid-Back Camp felt extra relaxing after a day of work, and a slight chill in the air as I watch it in a comfortable position.

It would be redundant to talk about how relaxing the show is at this point. I might only make reference that more then before I kind of felt a bit reminded of The Flying Witch, which really could sell this almost story like atmosphere mostly through their music with their scenery. Good stuff.

The way it did the big reveal of the night time scenery was also great.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:13 am Reply with quote
Ha, I have to laugh at these wimpy Japanese girls finding 2 degrees Celsius "cold". Yesterday morning it was about -20 C here in Toronto... plus 2 would have felt like a heat wave.

I tend to watch shows in order, so I watch Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles, Today's Menu for Emiya Family, which are obviously both food shows and then Laid-Back Camp which, while not specifically a food show, often highlights camp-cooked meals. Let me tell ya, I'm pretty starving by the time all three are over...
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I find it kind of interesting how different region perceive cold. I love when my friends in CA complain that it's cold when it's 15 C in the winter. I'd kill to have temperatures stay that warm near me in the winter! As we speak, it's -2 C where I'm living.[/spoiler]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:25 pm Reply with quote
For note, when I was saying it had been a cool day, I think it was probably around 20 C, enough to have me put on a jacket. This was after days where it had pretty much always been over 30 C for like the past month.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

This show’s already half over? Damn, time flies, just like this episode did. I enjoyed it so much that it only felt like ten minutes had gone by before the episode actually ended. I wonder if anyone else watching this had that feeling as well? Well, whenever that happens to me, I always take that as a good sign. Seeing Rin and Nadeshiko plan on going camping together was quite nice as it gives them a chance to bond even more together. Seeing Rin being so happy about her new tiny grill was amusing and her being upset at the lack of choices of meat at the supermarket was a bit relatable to me, actually. Nadeshiko’s sister being okay driving her sister to a place far from home due to her simply liking driving had me thinking that she’s a pretty cool older sister. This show is simply a warm blanket covering you by the campfire on a cold day and I’m really liking it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:02 am Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
and her being upset at the lack of choices of meat at the supermarket was a bit relatable to me, actually.

I feel like it has become a one grownup thing that I would probably consider really strange to my past self. I think when I was a kid I could not wait to get out of the deli area, but now I probably practically spend a suspicious amount of time in my shopping trip, considering prices and variety that I could get. Oddly, my complaint of choice in lack of choice for meat in the supermarket a little bit ago, was because it was summer, it was Christmas season so they filled a huge amount of area with large pieces of ham, which were not things I could fry up on a grill (or easily just chuck in the oven to cook).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3