• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Citrus (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

I know that this series was called trashy earlier, but it feels like it does have a step above that sort of thing. Like the show has made it very clear that Mei making out with Yuzu to distract herself, just is not healthy. And Yuzu is actually disgusted in the idea of Mei turning to her to get hot and heavy, just because Mei feels like she cannot rely on others to be what she wants. Her father not being what the ideal she has in her head, and Yuzu genuinely wants Mei to get along with the person he is. He is not even that bad of a dude. Sure his path has led him away from being there for his daughter, away from the academy, but we learned that it seems his life path was giving up the somewhat stifling school situation that was presented to him by his family with all the extra baggage, and has started schools in places that I would guess may need him more. It was sweet that Mei what he is really involved in, that he may not be just the strict person she looked up to, but there is plenty there for her to look up to. Mei could then say she plans to inherit the academy, but with an understanding that it is her choice to say so, that it probably matches the person she is.

And I think the show has actually been pretty great with characters facing the person they are, accepting the person that those around them are, and have a healthier relationship about it. And it is worth so much more than just getting a scene where there is so much drama so one of the girls decides to start sucking face with the other, because they are so frustrated. Lust is not the same as intimacy, and amongst the great parts of our heroine, Yuzu, is that she is open to intimacy, and a it in a spectrum of family also. Mei has maybe been able to get past some of her unhealthy aspects, that whatever is between them will be more enjoyable. But, it does look like a new character is showing up, who I am guessing delights in messing with people's weak parts.
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:53 am Reply with quote
So I guess the dad was not an antagonist character.
My prediction on the pink haired girl. It looks like she may like Yuzu and will cause some drama, but might end up liking Harumi based on that shot in the opening.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

And so, I guess they are finally together? Although, all indications seem to point that there is more to the manga, so they probably somehow have more drama in store after the anime has finished.

I liked Citrus, it was not anything really deep, or really that creative. Calling it trashy yuri is probably fitting, but I would not say it s trash itself, with I think actually having a fairly good head on its shoulders, that the kind of messy stuff early on is not some romantic pinnacle. Yuzu, a pretty cool main character, could see the problems in the messy relationship stuff, and was not into a dysfunctional emotional crutch of a relationship. I maybe think side characters could have used a bit more, I do think they could be better than Mei. Feels kind of odd that the twin sisters are kind of showcased so much, and they only really showed up in the school trip arc, that started in episode 10.

I give a rating of Good (7/10), it was worth seeing..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2