• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Space Dandy Anime Returns to Toonami on January 27

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3ngag3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
FlyGuySempai wrote:
This isnt even close to good news for the block,they should've gotten Cardcaptor Sakura.

Hasn't Sailor Moon been the only magical girl anime to air on either incarnation of Toonami?

Yes.

Unless you count Powerpuff Girls. But that's kind of a stretch.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:06 pm Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:
This isnt even close to good news for the block,they should've gotten Cardcaptor Sakura.

You mean that horribly butchered iteration in the form of "Cardcaptors"?
Sketchor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
FlyGuySempai wrote:

Hasn't Sailor Moon been the only magical girl anime to air on either incarnation of Toonami?

They briefly aired the Nelvana Card Captors. I don’t know what you would consider KILL la KILL or the PowerPuff Girls but magical girl shows have definitely been rare for Toonami since Sailor Moon left the air in 2002.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:02 pm Reply with quote
According to Twitter comments by Toonami boss Jason DeMarco, they originally had a different, new show lined up for this spot, but there was a last-minute legal issue which they need to clear up first, so Dandy got the slot instead. He seems confident that we'll see the new show before long (he also hinted that Toonami may gain another half hour to accommodate it.)
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh, for a second I thought there was going to be a new season and not just a rerun.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:26 pm Reply with quote
#854626 wrote:
Wow. Staying up till 2:30 to watch anime. There definetly going for ghetto people.

Whenever I hear people comment on how late Toonami airs I scratch my head. I have Dish and get both the east and west CN channel, so living in the west I can catch the east airing early. I know not everyone has this situation but it should be a good amount of people.
1dbad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually looking forward to this. I hadn't got around to checking out Space Dandy yet, and now I have another chance.

Wyvern wrote:
According to Twitter comments by Toonami boss Jason DeMarco, they originally had a different, new show lined up for this spot, but there was a last-minute legal issue which they need to clear up first, so Dandy got the slot instead. He seems confident that we'll see the new show before long (he also hinted that Toonami may gain another half hour to accommodate it.)

I was already intrigued, and even more so after hearing this. It must be a really big title!
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind seeing this again.

Last edited by FLCLGainax on Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Being a Shinichiro Watanabe, I'm sure this will be one of many many many reruns. Every episode is a completely self contained story, it's perfect for throwing on TV.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:11 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Being a Shinichiro Watanabe, I'm sure this will be one of many many many reruns. Every episode is a completely self contained story, it's perfect for throwing on TV.

Not only that, but it airs within the same hours between Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star, so an hour and a half of space adventures.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:23 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
I'm actually looking forward to this. I hadn't got around to checking out Space Dandy yet, and now I have another chance.

Enjoy. It's a lot of fun!

The dub cast is so damned good as well.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Fenrin wrote:

Whenever I hear people comment on how late Toonami airs I scratch my head. I have Dish and get both the east and west CN channel, so living in the west I can catch the east airing early. I know not everyone has this situation but it should be a good amount of people.

I scratch my head because DVRs are pretty much bog-standard with cable subscriptions these days. Seriously, just set it to record and watch it at your leisure.
1dbad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:20 pm Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
Enjoy. It's a lot of fun!

The dub cast is so damned good as well.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it. I've already enjoyed what little I've seen of the show and heard of the soundtrack. Very Happy
Raikuro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Fenrin wrote:

I scratch my head because DVRs are pretty much bog-standard with cable subscriptions these days. Seriously, just set it to record and watch it at your leisure.

It's also fully available on Funimation so no need to even bother with DVRs or waiting half a year to finish.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Attack on Titan is ending its run. Space Dandy ... is replacing it.

AoT ended its second run in mid-Oct. It looks like Dandy is replacing Lupin III.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3