• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vice & Luna - Zeitgeist Captor Sakura

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:15 pm Reply with quote
There is an explanation for the comic, it's the tagline that can be seen if it's off the side or if you see it on the banner:

"They didn't quite know what to expect from the Card Captor Sakura sequel, but it sure wasn't this!"
meruru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
There is an explanation for the comic, it's the tagline that can be seen if it's off the side or if you see it on the banner:

"They didn't quite know what to expect from the Card Captor Sakura sequel, but it sure wasn't this!"

So it took me a while to figure out what you were even talking about, then I realized it seems like that tagline only appears on the slideshow display on the front page. I think it should be added to the comic itself, since that makes it way more clear, but once this comic no longer appears in the front page slideshow, that text will be lost completely.
Scias

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:53 am Reply with quote
I really didn't get the joke. And honestly whenever I look at these strips, I never seem to understand what's humorous about them. Maybe that's just me though.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:04 am Reply with quote
meruru wrote:
Emma Iveli wrote:

So it took me a while to figure out what you were even talking about, then I realized it seems like that tagline only appears on the slideshow display on the front page. I think it should be added to the comic itself, since that makes it way more clear, but once this comic no longer appears in the front page slideshow, that text will be lost completely.

The other way to keep comments like this is to use them as the metadata caption you get when you hover over the image. Right now all you get is "click to open in separate tab/window."

Wondermark and other comics do this (hover your pointer over the comic, see what it says). It's a wonderful way to add another layer or extra joke to your comic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
akari_house

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:02 am Reply with quote
Scias wrote:
I really didn't get the joke. And honestly whenever I look at these strips, I never seem to understand what's humorous about them. Maybe that's just me though.

Check out the comments...trust me, you're in good company.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3