• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Overlord II

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nojay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:23 pm Reply with quote
#844391 wrote:
Nojay wrote:
I was impressed that he wore his armour even though the lizardmen didn't pose any mind of a threat to him, another sign of respect.

Cocytus's armor is his exoskeleton, it's natural armor and a part of him, he's technically already naked.

If you look at the scenes where he's fighting the lizardmen he's wearing gold bracelets and chest pieces, obviously items of armour (in the Overlord world they would be magically enhanced). He doesn't wear those items in Nazarick. Okay, they're a bit like bikini chain mail (shades of Clementine!) in terms of coverage but Cocytus is a stylin' champ. I wonder how many hours a day he puts into polishing his exoskeleton to get it to that exact shade of light blue.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Ah, didn't notice that, probably because I didn't recall them mentioning anything about armor during this fight in the LN. But yea, he's pretty much at a level where low level attacks just don't hurt him. It's like in MMO's where you have a level 90 player and they go into a newbie zone of like level 5 players and take 0 damage if attacked.
myskaros

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 pm Reply with quote
I can't watch the magician's guild scene without thinking of the awesome manga scanlation jokes >_>

spoiler[Panties status - Genesis 7:17]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Ep 6,

They're really speeding through this arc, but no complaints from me, want to get to the awesome parts quickly. Sebas is one of the only "Lawful Good" characters in Nazarick with everyone else usually falling into evil through neutral alignments. Ah the pain of having to wait week to week.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote
#844391 wrote:
Ep 6,

They're really speeding through this arc, but no complaints from me, want to get to the awesome parts quickly. Sebas is one of the only "Lawful Good" characters in Nazarick with everyone else usually falling into evil through neutral alignments. Ah the pain of having to wait week to week.

I like that Sebas is following the dictates of his creator (actions that also made Ains himself into who he is) but wondering if it is a "curse". Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Solution certainly isn't happy about his actions; she furthers the impression that Ains may be alone among Nazarick's denizens in not seeing humans as lesser creatures.

Hehehe
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I also liked how they didn’t pull any punches with Tuare’s condition, but for me, I had to cringe a bit because it was still brutal just to hear what she had gone through. Glad to see Sebas come to her rescue and it’ll be interesting to see how that action will be tied with the other characters Episode 6 showed us.
Mojave

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely loved what they did with Sebas' character in this episode. Showing someone who has both the moral compunction to save someone and the power to do so struggling with his decision to do so was fantastic, especially as Solution's reaction makes it clear that he may be overstepping his bounds by doing it. There were no punches pulled both in terms of the brutality of Tuare's situation and Sebas' uncertainty about his actions even as he felt compelled by the nature his creator gave him to save her. It takes a lot of guts for the writers to attempt such complex writing about a dicey situation, and so far it appears that they're pulling it off successfully. I really look forward to seeing how this specific storyline develops.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:54 am Reply with quote
I'm a bit surprised no one has brought it up but this season's ED theme is yet another amazing piece from myth and roid and while the ed is mostly a slideshow I just love the small bits of foreshadowing with the various ladies. Also the pacing for the anime seems to be on the quick side. Maybe its cause the books were much denser but i feel like this arc might finish around episode 12 and if its 13 episodes in total that's definitely not enough space for the next arc(neither the op or the ed have the next arc's characters so its even less unlikely). Perhaps there might be a filler last episode? oh well, time will tell. I just can't wait for Sebas Tian to kick butt and look awesome doing it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:47 am Reply with quote
Lord Touch Me? Oi. Like the show but the nomenclature leaves a little to be desired.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:17 am Reply with quote
I think the idea is that it's the kind of dumb name a person makes for their character in an MMO, but every NPC has to treat it as if it's a serious name.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:56 am Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
I'm a bit surprised no one has brought it up but this season's ED theme is yet another amazing piece from myth and roid and while the ed is mostly a slideshow I just love the small bits of foreshadowing with the various ladies.

Haven't been mentioning because, frankly, I don't find it to be anywhere near as strong a closer as the first season's. (But the first season's was my top pick for that year, so it's a pretty high standard to live up to.)

And yeah, Touch Me ranks pretty high on my list of awful character names. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:18 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Lord Touch Me? Oi. Like the show but the nomenclature leaves a little to be desired.

The whole story is that the "great ones" were players in an online game... have you played any MMO games? There's a reason that most (all?) of them have rules about character naming, and there's still a bunch that'll leave you shaking your head if you're not a teen boy or a pot-head.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:38 am Reply with quote
I think I have accidentally revealed my complete lack of experience with MMOs...
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:50 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I think I have accidentally revealed my complete lack of experience with MMOs...

Take pride in that. Wink
Here's the Top 100 players from League of Legends in the US (a good number of people on this board are professionals who play for a living):
http://na.op.gg/ranking/ladder/

A couple of "highlights" are: 'She Limp', 'Pants are Dragon' and 'DOINKMACHINE96'

The (Korean) player widely viewed as the #1 pro player has an account named "Hide on Bush"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 15