• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Site running slow

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:44 pm Reply with quote
For the last couple of days, it seems the ANN site has been running slow. Seems like each page is continually loading something. While scrolling through your front page it takes awhile for all your images to fully load. Same is true for some of your other pages.

I have a Christmas laptop running WIN10. Don't have image problems with other sites that have lots of images.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I've been noticing this, too (though I changed to a new adblocker and added avast web onto Chrome, so I thought it was them until I saw this).

I'm sitting on the Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody discussion thread (since I'm watching the episode right now), and I'm watching my status bar to see what's still loading. This is what I'm getting the "waiting on" messages for:

g.tmyzer.com
tag.leadplace.fr
tr.cloud-media.fr
delivery.eu.owlads.io

I think there's a few others, too, but it changes too quickly for me to see what they are.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:53 am Reply with quote
I think I have always had problems with ANN. There are periods when it's slow and periods when it works relatively fine. Errors and downtimes are common. So I've just accepted it as a fact that ANN is slow and always will be.

Endlessly loading pages is a relatively new thing for me though. Some pages seem to load forever. I'm on Firefox and it seems to be loading ads or something. The page will otherwise load and work properly but it'll say like "Waiting for googleads.g.doubleclick.net..." or "Transferring data from ww1097.smartadserver.com.." or something like that.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Add id5-sync.com to the list of "won't stop loading" ones.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I also experienced the same problem. Other sites I visited are running fine, only ANN took longer than usual. It's quite a bother, especially when I want to see the picture thumbnail of every news in the main page, and when I want to see/participate in the discussion page of the news/reviews.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm also having this issue at the moment. It's not impossibly slow, but just noticeably slower than the rest of the Internet. (I thought maybe at first it was because I was downloading a movie in the background, but I tried another site and it went much faster with the movie still downloading.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Having problems too, but I'm pretty sure it's all these new ads all over the pages (some'll even load in the middle of the paragraph). I'm also getting "Only secure content displayed" messages and some "Security certificate expired" ones too.

If this is some evil scheme to tempt us into buying subscriptions, well, I think it's pretty close to working on me...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1