• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DamePri Anime Caravan (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:54 pm Reply with quote
A fanservice episode. It was funny that Ruze's entire body except his head was in censor light. Him and Narek had no shame walking down the street in the buff. But I also liked the bit where Vino hit on a girl, and her gaze went down before her face going red. And yet, also Riot coming out from under the water.
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:54 pm Reply with quote
^People are already fainting after seeing him smile, so Ruze's uncensored naked body would probably be a weapon of mass destruction!

This isn't exactly the funniest series ever, but it consistently manages to make me chuckle and i'm definitely enjoying it more than most other reverse harem shows i've watched.
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see other people posting on the thread!

Episode 8

I understand that this show is supposed to be weird, but the big reveal about the curse this episode was just WTF. Aside from that, there were some great moments.
-Ani immediately asking Gurimaru if he had something to do with Mare turning into a kid was made even better when Gurimaru doesn't get offended at the question.
-Also, the show further confirms that Ruze is basically a magical boy. That, and he actually flirted with Ani at one point.
-Poor Teo, he practically confesses his love for Ani when she's standing next to him.
-Narek's fanboy in reality being an old bald guy
-"I'm amazing even in my sleep!"
-Ruze saying that the spirit is on a journey to Saint Philia followed by a "Watch out Saint Phillia." from Ani. That part killed me cause it was so quick and the way she said it.

So I guessing from the short scene that the Inaco invasion is happening?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:58 am Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:
I understand that this show is supposed to be weird, but the big reveal about the curse this episode was just WTF. Aside from that, there were some great moments.

The guy had me think it was more in line for something like Inukami, the general choice of f(m)anservice and messing with the formulae even connects the two.

phia_one wrote:
-Ruze saying that the spirit is on a journey to Saint Philia followed by a "Watch out Saint Phillia." from Ani. That part killed me cause it was so quick and the way she said it.

That part did totally take me be surprise, and amongst the scenes in this show where I have to rewind to watch again, which have often been a little detail from Ani's character adding something in. Sort of like the "I'm Kazuma" bits from Konosuba, and make me kind of hope for some sort of compilation later.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

That was entertaining. Ani being oblivious was funny. Multiple kabe don's this episode.

Episode 10

As much as Narek grew on me, it was nice to see people calling him out for his behavior. Riot giving him the Reason You Suck speech was a surprise though. Well, not that much of a surprise considering that earlier episode did show how fed up he was with Narek's behavior. That glare he gave Narek though! It appears that the knight feels guilty about invading Inaco.

Vino being loyal to Narek was nice to see even though his uncle has a point. Vino would be a better ruler than Narek. He'd still flirt with every woman in sight, but we've been shown that he can get shit done. I know it's not that kind of show, but it would have been interesting to see Vino raised with that knowledge that there was going to be a coup one day and that he would be the one replacing Narek.

Has anyone else noticed that Chrom, the white haired cult (that's what I'm going with) guys, and Ani have the same eye color? I just found it strange since otome characters usually have really distinct designs down to the eye color.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:48 pm Reply with quote
I was kind of wondering if Narek would even say he could support Vino, if that was what it was looking like to happen. Narek just likes showing himself as awesome, rather than necesarilly needing to be the king. The rebels have a point to take over, since the king is invading countries that there were peace treaties with.
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:30 am Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that Chrom, the white haired cult (that's what I'm going with) guys, and Ani have the same eye color? I just found it strange since otome characters usually have really distinct designs down to the eye color.

It means they are all EVIL~. Well, that would be a nice twist at least... Wink

I liked that Ani wasn't completely helpless and (almost) able to escape by herself and her kidnappers gushing over Ruze's beauty while completely ignoring her made me chuckle.

While i agree that Narek doesn't seem fit to be king, i hope he's gonna grow and stand up to his father, create a peaceful world with the other princes and live together in Ani's harem forever. THE END. Very Happy
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

So we finally learn the identity of the mask guy... sort of. I'm curious why the Charaons left Selenfalen in the first place. Did it have something to do with Saint Philia? I ask this because I noticed that the statue of Philia has a snake that looks exactly like the one mask guy has. And is Chrom a Charoan himself? He certainly has the hair and eyes.

Anyway, it was nice to see Narek reflecting on why everyone sees him as a useless prince. His admiration of Ani and Ruze being royals that actually do something shows that he's paying attention now instead of just going on about how amazing he is.

While Mare obviously doesn't want to rule, I could see him as being a really effective advisor to Ruze. Also, is this the first time refers to Ani by name? Moving on, I wasn't surprised that it was his love for Ruze that allowed Ruze to break out of the trance.

I was surprised at Chrom sacrificing himself for Ruze. Even Chrom himself was surprised at first. He's probably not dead since that would be too dark for this show.

Despite how serious the episode was, it was nice to see some of the humor remaining, namely Chrom translating mask guy for Ani. That, and Ruze using Smile.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:23 am Reply with quote
I don't know how I avoided commenting in this thread until now. I know I've thought about it several times.

Man this series really turned on a dime last episode. Are we going to find out exactly who is under that mask?

I would agree that Chrom is probably not dead, and yet that shot of the broken monocle sure has death symbolism written all over it.

One of my favorite side characters is the confetti guy in Narek's entourage. The other two seem to be honored by their roles, but he was always just wearily rolling his eyes and only there for the paycheck. Even so, he was still concerned when things went south for his prince.
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:38 am Reply with quote
Well, i don't really think the show needed that level of drama, but since it's so incredibly clichéd i guess it's supposed to be part of the parody?

That villain is probably somebody's long-lost father/brother/son...i loved how he embodies pretty much every anime villain cliché: mask - check! talking gibberish - check! pet snake - check! vampire teeth - check! having some mysterious evil superpower - check! Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

The serious episodes were easily the weakest part of the series. I said it before that I thought the show similar to Konosuba, and I think it would have been best to stick to the type zaniness that show did. It really could have some good moments of comedy, but in the end I think it wasted a lot of its potential, with this super serious plot that I am not entirely sure how it was resolved, like with the coup.

So I want to say I enjoyed my time, and am impressed this was adapted from a phone game, while managing to have some nice meta elements I feel are not enough in this type of genre. Ani is also a great main character. I give a rating of Decent (6/10), it is worth seeing.
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:40 am Reply with quote
Merida wrote:

While i agree that Narek doesn't seem fit to be king, i hope he's gonna grow and stand up to his father, create a peaceful world with the other princes and live together in Ani's harem forever. THE END. Very Happy

Well, i got what i wanted at least, so i'm fairly happy with the ending! Even spoiler[Chrom came back from the dead.] Very Happy

I've got no idea what happened to spoiler[Mask Man], though. Was he caught? Did he get away? But then again, we barely knew him anyhow...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:08 am Reply with quote
I was just happy to see Teo arrive on time for once. Smile

Did I miss something or were they really making him run all the way after them? oO It started out with Ani and Teo going to go back home and Narek asking to be taken along, and then suddenly it's just Ani and Narek riding off together.
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:22 am Reply with quote
^They only had one horse? And i'm sure Teo didn't mind running after his beloved princess! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2