• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AŌP Performs Cutie Honey Universe Anime's Theme Song

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levonr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:24 am Reply with quote
I love the Cutie Honey theme, so catchy. Cool
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:30 am Reply with quote
I've enjoyed every rendition of the Cutie Honey theme so far, and I'm sure this will be no exception. I'm especially curious to see how it turns out after how great the remix of the original Devilman opening was in Crybaby.
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:23 am Reply with quote
So far this is looking like the first CH anime that's out of Toei's grasp. That's amazing in itself after some 45-odd years...
bassgs435

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 am Reply with quote
Chiyosuke wrote:
So far this is looking like the first CH anime that's out of Toei's grasp. That's amazing in itself after some 45-odd years...
There was the Re:Cutie Honey OVAs made by Gainax
tootbrush

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:44 am Reply with quote
bassgs435 wrote:

That was Toei with assistance from Gainax.
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:15 am Reply with quote
bassgs435 wrote:
Chiyosuke wrote:

Lol, Re: was produced by 3 different Toei companies (Toei Video, Toei Animation and at the time Laterna) as well as Gainax as our friend pointed out. That's far from "being out of their clutches". Shin was the same way (produced by Toei Video, animation production by Studio Juneo). My statement may have jumped the gun, but maybe not. We'll see...

Also, goin off of Universe's official site, this is looking like a TV series, I'm wondering if the previous lack of confirmation is why there isn't an encyclopedia entry yet.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:25 am Reply with quote
TV series, huh?

Wonder how much stuff is gonna be edited for the broadcast. I mean, it’s not going to be as insane as Re: was with the content (or the little chibi police officers) but I doubt it’s going to be like Flash where she was aged down and for the most part, kept her clothes on.
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:14 am Reply with quote

Bottom left: 2018 TV anime (not sure what the rest says....)
Mosaic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:21 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
I doubt it’s going to be like Flash where she was aged down and for the most part, kept her clothes on.

Sounds like somebody didn't actually watch F, and is merely making assumptions based off a few clips off Youtube.

As with 90% of Cutie Honey media, Honey was 16 years old. While not as perverse as other versions, F still had it's moments, and more than enough nudity.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Okay I'm in, but we're getting another version of the series but ahem....WE STILL HAVEN'T GOT RE:CUTIE HONEY ON DVD!!! C'mon guys!!!

We're must be on Go Nagai mode this year. We got a new 'Devilman' series and now we're getting a new 'Cutie Honey'.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Okay I'm in, but we're getting another version of the series but ahem....WE STILL HAVEN'T GOT RE:CUTIE HONEY ON DVD!!! C'mon guys!!!

We're must be on Go Nagai mode this year. We got a new 'Devilman' series and now we're getting a new 'Cutie Honey'.
I thought it was because it was the 50th anniversary since his debut work.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:59 am Reply with quote
One of the first anime/manga where fan service was part of the plot. If HIDIVE, CR, or Funi gets this, that's pretty much an instant watch for me.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:43 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

To be fair, the 2004 live-action Cutie Honey film (directed by Hideaki Anno; may be his first live-action motion picture) did feature the OPENING CREDITS animation from Re: Cutie Honey. The 2004 film, btw, is better than the more recent live-action film by most accounts.
The DVD of that film was released in 2005(?) by Bandai USA. Why they didn't license the tie-in OVA (which was essentially the same story as the movie!) I don't know.
Cutie Honey is kind of a tough sell in the US. Hell, anything Go Nagai is a tough sell in the States.
I would imagine if any licensor thought Cutie Honey was a potential decent seller some company would have re-licensed New Cutie Honey and released that on Blu ray at least! Re: Cutie Honey was also remastered for Blu ray in Japan, too...
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:50 pm Reply with quote
AOP on fire lately. Dat visual. All that oppai lined up. Cool
Spawn29

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if anyone will pick it up for streaming? I can see Cruchyroll airing it and have Sentai Filmworks dub it later on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2