• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Saga of Tanya the Evil Novel 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluwm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:44 am Reply with quote
I’m about halfway through it and it’s a bit of a slog. The pronoun weirdness is super distracting and much of the exposition is too dry. We get these long diatribes on various minutiae, with far less time or focus spent on the immediate plot. And there’s sooooo little characterization. This is definitely a case where the anime is better, if only because the facial expressions and voice work are able to convey so much information that the author is either unwilling or unable to include in the text.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:21 am Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Also like posted above, the Dress up scene is a side story featured in Volume 2. If you look at the Volume 2 page on the series wiki, you'll see Tanya dressed up and embaressed in the color page.

Specifically it is a short story at the back, hence why it is presented out-of-sequence.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
gridsleep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:23 pm Reply with quote
If god reveals itself, doesn't that eliminate faith in its entirety? The Douglas Adams argument of the Babyl Fish being proof of the nonexistence of god. If you know god exists as you know the Earth under your feet exists, then there is no use of faith. Proof denies the necessity of faith. While the absence of proof does not indicate the absence of existence, the known structure of reality indicates an extremely low probability of existence. There is no indication that any god had anything to do with anything in the many billions of years of known phenomena, which is as good as saying the chances of a turn around are pretty slim.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2