• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Voice Actress Suzuko Mimori, Wrestler Kazuchika Okada Acknowledge Relationship

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoamFree

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:18 pm Reply with quote
The Rainmaker and The Love Arrow...sounds like a great mixed tag-team. Good for both of them.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:45 pm Reply with quote
A happy ending for a female idol caught dating? Color me surprised, I was expecting poor Mimori to be fired or the fans to eat her alive.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Shame people caused a stir over this. I hope they can have a more peaceful, happy future
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:53 pm Reply with quote
In this issue of Teen Seiyuu Monthly...
Spookyswirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
A happy ending for a female idol caught dating? Color me surprised, I was expecting poor Mimori to be fired or the fans to eat her alive.

I mean, she's currently dating someone who is essentially on the top of the Japanese wrestling world, so maybe it has to do with that? Either way I hope this is an overall change in attitude more than an outlier.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:38 pm Reply with quote
She’s basically dating New Japan’s John Cena, not some random guy hidden from the press.
RoamFree

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:02 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
She’s basically dating New Japan’s John Cena, not some random guy hidden from the press.

I would say he's either The Rock or Shawn Michaels of New Japan. The John Cena of New Japan is Hiroshi Tanahashi.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:26 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
She's a voice actress, not an idol. Different expectations.
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:50 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:
She's a voice actress, not an idol. Different expectations.

Voice actress / Actress / Singer.

There are people who don't realize that JP singer are not the same as their idols.

Will there be devastated fans? Of course, like any news of any celebrities that come out that they're currently in a romantic relationship anywhere, really.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 am Reply with quote
What's spooky is the paparazzi watching their homes and recording how long they were inside.
ice_tea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:13 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

I am sure she's old enough to be adandoned by fickle otaku. That's why they are not afraid of their relationship being exposed.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 am Reply with quote
don't mention Okada's catch phrase don't mention Okada's catch phrase don't mention Okada's catch phrase...
RoamFree wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

I would say he's either The Rock or Shawn Michaels of New Japan. The John Cena of New Japan is Hiroshi Tanahashi.

I wouldn't say he's The Rock either, simply because it feels like everyone else in the company is either more interesting or doing more interesting things.
Slashman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:40 am Reply with quote
Still trying to wrap my head around the concept of getting angry that a performer you like is in a relationship.

I'm different though, Katy Perry will totally get into me now that her "Orlando Bloom" phase is finally over! Evil or Very Mad
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
Still trying to wrap my head around the concept of getting angry that a performer you like is in a relationship.

I'm different though, Katy Perry will totally get into me now that her "Orlando Bloom" phase is finally over! Evil or Very Mad

I'd say that it probably come from the hope to be involved with someone that they consider to be living a more extraordinary life compare to their daily grind (i.e. the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope that is fairly popular in the 2D world) and the following despair/disappointment in finding out that they're just an extra in that story, which in turn channeled into online anger / physical items abuse in an attempt to relieve that stress; with every now and then you got one that snap and actually go out to do crazy sh*t.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:20 pm Reply with quote
ice_tea wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

I am sure she's old enough to be adandoned by fickle otaku. That's why they are not afraid of their relationship being exposed.

Yeah, just looked at her ANN profile, and she's over 30, that's pretty much grandma level ancient to idol otaku. But yeah, it probably also helps at least a LITTLE that her guy looks like he can beat the tar out of any nay-sayers and has the kind of job that he can freely SAY that he will (even if he actually wouldn't).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2