• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kemono Friends Director Tatsuki Recruits 2 Voice Actresses

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:02 am Reply with quote
I have a feeling that this franchise is about to become a modern analogue to the divide between Filmation's Ghostbusters and The Real GhostBusters. One version will bear the official name, whereas the other will be the one that viewers actually want to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
I have a feeling that this franchise is about to become a modern analogue to the divide between Filmation's Ghostbusters and The Real GhostBusters. One version will bear the official name, whereas the other will be the one that viewers actually want to watch.

No, that was more an after-the-fact case of "We had the name first!" after someone else had a more popular version they actually knew what to do with.
This is more like Sony still trying to make Spiderman B-character movies about Black Cat and Venom after kicking out Sam Raimi and giving Peter Parker back to Disney--You can't get by on OTHER reasons to keep a series going.

As for Project Tatsuki, Demon and Fox Girl in Nakano could just be a tease, or it could be a good idea for a series from the KF guy.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm Reply with quote
It's still happening! Very Happy Look at them retweets and likes. Dat image. What could it be? Aside from greatness of course. Laughing
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:21 am Reply with quote
I can't help it, but every time I see that picture, I think of Kaban and Serval. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1