• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Winter 2018

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collectonian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad Violet Evergarden is being covered, since I don't have Netflix and am curious about it after seeing the trailer. Though with the way most reviews have spoilers, I'll probably just read the reviews for the first two or three eps, then maybe pick it up when its available to buy. Smile
Dian Z

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I've had hoped that Nick would review either A Place or Laid Back Camp, or both. Since he seemed passionate for those two shows. Now Paul don't write for the early reviews, so I don't know about his first impression. But the two are my favorite shows simply because it's about nature, adventure, and beautiful sceneries. I hope Paul will see more of the good in it.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:00 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

I am quite surprised that neither the Basilisk sequel nor Katana Maidens made the cut when Junji Ito Collection did, though. (You can expect a review of the former at the end of the season, as I'll probably be following it.) I'm also a little surprised that DamePri didn't get voted in, given how much it was talked about.

I would have expected those as well. Glad to see you'll probably be reviewing Basilisk though, I look forward to seeing your thoughts on how it turned out Smile

Hopefully Katana Maidens catches someone's interest enough to get a season review as well as I'm curious to see how that turns out.
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:26 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I missed this poll...I had too busy of a work week, and couldn't catch up on everything before the vote. Oh well. Just about everything I'm watching made it in with the exception of a few that have already been mentioned (Sanrio Danshi, IDOLiSH7, Touken Ranbu 2, and Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens).

Everything that James and Theron are reviewing, I'm watching, so I'm glad my two favorite reviewers are going to get some serious reading this season. Smile
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:38 am Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
The only anime I voted for in the list was Pop Team Epic.

I regret to inform you that you are far from being alone here. Fate will decide whether we face any comeuppance for this...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Djidji

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:27 am Reply with quote
Is it possible to see the result of the poll?

I'm interested in seeing the differences among all the shows.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:43 am Reply with quote
I can't believe Crunchyroll or any legal streaming sites didn't picked up Seven Deadly Sins again. Are there any good reason for this?
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:45 am Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
I can't believe Crunchyroll or any legal streaming sites didn't picked up Seven Deadly Sins again. Are there any good reason for this?

Because Netflix acquired it, I think.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:32 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:

It hasn't been announced to my knowledge, but it's a safe bet given that Netflix has the previous two SDS series.

A full review of it when it is made available is a certainty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:17 am Reply with quote
Felicity dash wrote:
...seriously? Pop Team Epic? Whoever voted for that series are sadistic. Because that’s just pure torture. And I hope y’all shower her with gifts after each episode.
You're welcome! One person's torture is another's pleasure, I'm sure Gabriella will have fun and I soo look forward to Mr Beckett's work with Death March... Twisted Evil I'm happy 4 of 5 of my picks are being reviewed (sorry about Soul Hunter 2.0 Crying or Very sad ). The latter is so lame that even I can't be bothered with typing the actual title. Maybe others are catching on to the idea that weekly reviews are for shows that people don't think they will like but want to keep track of in case they turn out to be good (I still go on the 3-Ep rule).
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:43 am Reply with quote
JacobC wrote:

In response to the PTE questions, Pop Team Epic polled extremely well, Gabriella likes the show, and she's planning on doing something unique with the reviews in keeping with the strangeness of PTE itself. Look foward to it! Very Happy

The same review posted twice with slight differences?

I would kind of just like a timestamp of jokes that actually work. Both episodes were received by me mostly with a blank expression but one joke in both had me LOLing. Just the smallest random things were what hit. IN the first, for some reason, the demonic villain spinning a fidgit spinner hit me as hilarious and in the second it was the two girls hidden under the bench in the studio behind the floating ghost (and the alternate take in the encore)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Merxamers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Death March is being set up for hate-watching weekly reviews. Oh well; i guess i'll just have to keep reading the novels without the need for external validation of my tastes.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:

Netflix has any and all future SDS anime. They're one of the producers IIRC.

Merxamers wrote:
Looks like Death March is being set up for hate-watching weekly reviews. Oh well; i guess i'll just have to keep reading the novels without the need for external validation of my tastes.

I'll join you, I liked the first ep tho.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6