• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Food Wars! The Second Plate Anime's English Dub Cast Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Why do i feel like the first season just released in dub lol
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I see they added quite a few experienced VAs for season 2's dub but I wish they did that already with season 1. I wonder if CR will keep all of them for season 3's dub
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
For anyone that has seen the dub, is it good? I’ve been meaning to get into this series forever.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:47 pm Reply with quote
To answer the person above me,it felt off at first (Yukihira and Erina) but they really come into their own rather quickly.

So in short,it’s really damn good. And I can’t wait to buy this as well. Where’s season 4 again?
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:22 pm Reply with quote
ARC-1300 wrote:
To answer the person above me,it felt off at first (Yukihira and Erina) but they really come into their own rather quickly.

So in short,it’s really damn good. And I can’t wait to buy this as well. Where’s season 4 again?

I was actually curious about that too, as the pattern I'm seeing on this list is that, with a few exceptions, people whose names I don't see very often (or at all) are getting major roles while veteran voice actors who are in practically everything are getting minor roles. It makes for an interesting viewing experience, that's for sure.
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
For anyone that has seen the dub, is it good? I’ve been meaning to get into this series forever.

Its ok. Meaning its not that bad but neither is it that good. I still cringe at Stephanie Wittel's accent for Erina and those surfer accents for the 2 guys at Polaris. I jumped to the last episode and it still hasn't changed although her voice work improves in that she doesnt speak as fast as she did in the first few eps. Same goes for the rest of them
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1