• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Death March to The Parallel World Rhapsody

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I doubt they’ll get to Mia’s village in the anime. There’s, I think, two arcs in the before that and I don’t think the English LN has got that far yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Zomb1e13 wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Quote:
Could have done without the addition of even more lolis into the cast, but the new one(s) from this episode don't seem to be recurring characters anyhow, though the ED suggests that one character - who is very much not a loli - introduced this episode will be.

It's a wonder he doesn't end up with No. 8, who I'd forgotten was described as having a chest that was "desolate".

Actually while he does love the fact that nana has big breasts he won't consider her because spoiler[ she's only one years old ]

#844391 wrote:
Maybe I have bad memory but in the novels I remember all the other homunculi dying from overusing their magic and self destructing, and Nana being the only one who survived because he knocked her out and she didn't take part in the final fight. Although I read the web novels so maybe they changed that when they wrote the light novel.

Ya in the WN only nana survives and the others die and so does red helmet. However in the LN they all survive.

WN? I think you mean Visual Novel , right? while i know the series have a LN adaptation, i have heard nothing about a VN version.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:40 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
WN? I think you mean Visual Novel , right? while i know the series have a LN adaptation, i have heard nothing about a VN version.

WN is Web Novel, and for Death March (and an number of LNs), it is the original source material.
Nate148

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:31 am Reply with quote
Web Novel's as a FYI can be read as Fanfic but all OC SAO and Mahoka both started that way before becoming light novels
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Nana is a wonderful character and this show is good at being a pleasant slice of life story. It is one of the slower paced isekai shows but I can see why the light novels are popular. The mystery of why Satou was summoned into the world probably won't be answered during the first season but it makes sense that they are starting to hint at the details.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
Nana is a wonderful character and this show is good at being a pleasant slice of life story. It is one of the slower paced isekai shows but I can see why the light novels are popular. The mystery of why Satou was summoned into the world probably won't be answered during the first season but it makes sense that they are starting to hint at the details.

Nana is definitely one of the favorites in the novels, she wants to adopt any cute life form she comes across. She is also the tank class of the group and "taunts" enemies by literally taunting them and somehow it always works, although I don't know if it's because it involves magic or just enemies taking affront at her insults heh.
Doompa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:32 am Reply with quote
The fact the guy reviewing this series didn't even figure out that the distorted PoV from Satou is due to the menu interface is proof he shouldn't even be doing this series at all. It's been said time and time again he had no desire to do this series and he is not unbiased in his reviews. It's not fair to those who are looking for actual fair reviews to this series.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:08 pm Reply with quote
to be fair, when eh stopped bashing the series for what it's not and started bashing it for what it is, the reviews became fair.
I mean, this series is a pioneer in a weird/borign genre, which is isekai slice of life; hopefully other series pull it off, hell, even the manga is more tolerable.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Just caught the dub of Ep8 and the VA for Zen really rocks the character...
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Being that I read the manga first, I guess I can be more forgiving over the quality of the animation.

I have no problem with the story.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:50 pm Reply with quote
"Death March basically feels like watching a Let's Play stream of an exceptionally mediocre RPG, recorded by the world's least interesting internet personality."...lmao.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:25 pm Reply with quote
What, no comments about how Satou is a disgusting misogynistic pervert for having consensual sex with an adult woman? I'm surprised.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
What, no comments about how Satou is a disgusting misogynistic pervert for having consensual sex with an adult woman? I'm surprised.

Your nonexistent boogeymen don't post in here.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:31 pm Reply with quote
You seem to be forgetting how people were condemning Satou as a sleezebag for something as harmless as commenting on a woman's appearance in his internal monologue.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:47 am Reply with quote
JacobC wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Your nonexistent boogeymen don't post in here.

Come on now, you know they have been running Satou thru the ringer in is thread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 18