• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Pop Team Epic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alternative Ice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm Reply with quote
That's a good idea wearing a mask, you don't want to be so overwhelmed by this show's awesomeness that you can't give each episode the in depth analysis it deserves.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:56 am Reply with quote
Oddly enough, Battles Without Honor or Humanity was also referenced in this week's Touken Ranbu Hanamaru (with water pistols, not swords). Smile

Weird how the same bits keep showing up in such disparate works at roughly the same time. TR also featured the Hakata Yamakasa festival the same week that Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens did.
Great Rumbler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:17 am Reply with quote
Mayor Haggar!
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:27 am Reply with quote
The further we go with these PTE reviews, the more Gab’s sanity seems to dwindle.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:34 am Reply with quote
This is true but I would totally watch Hoshiiro Girldrop if it were even half as ridiculous as the episode summary she just made up
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if the inspector in Detective Conan talks the same way, but I couldn't help but think of Higurashi the whole time the detective was talking (apparently Chafuurin does both, huh.) I would assume that the "Clouds of Steam: Traveler's Sentiment Arc" ending in "Hen/arc" is also a Higurashi reference. I almost expected there to be a different murderer in the second part, but I guess that would be too much effort for Pop Team Epic.

Also, I know having Tokui Sora and Mimori Suzuko is more of a Milky Holmes reference... but it also seems incredibly suiting to have Umi as Pipimi and Nico as Popuko.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sosugo

nice shitpost but it's Sosogu
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:08 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
I don't know if the inspector in Detective Conan talks the same way, but I couldn't help but think of Higurashi the whole time the detective was talking (apparently Chafuurin does both, huh.) I would assume that the "Clouds of Steam: Traveler's Sentiment Arc" ending in "Hen/arc" is also a Higurashi reference. I almost expected there to be a different murderer in the second part, but I guess that would be too much effort for Pop Team Epic.

Also, I know having Tokui Sora and Mimori Suzuko is more of a Milky Holmes reference... but it also seems incredibly suiting to have Umi as Pipimi and Nico as Popuko.

The inspector that shares a VA with the one from Conan talks exactly the same way in Conan and the name is very similar - Megure and Higure (IIRC). Not sure why they didn’t give him a mustache though.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 pm Reply with quote
That part 2 of the review....

You should be ashamed. Confused
Oggers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
“I'd recognize the stench of your shitty manga anywhere.” Pop Team Epic versus Isao Takahata's The Tale of Princess Kaguya is pretty great. I do wish that we'd gotten a glimpse of the girls in that art style, though.

The art style does look a lot like The Tale of Princess Kaguya, but apparently this part was actually a reference to a scene from the 1978 live action movie Shogun's Samurai.
Neko-sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:54 am Reply with quote
So it looks like nobody here actually watched through the second opening sequence this week, huh? It made me glad I never skip either one...
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:33 am Reply with quote
Neko-sensei wrote:
So it looks like nobody here actually watched through the second opening sequence this week, huh? It made me glad I never skip either one...

You mean how they added the sound effects like some episodes of Jojo’s OPs? I thought that was great.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:19 pm Reply with quote
what the.... the preview for episode 12 included some things the reviewer said............. whats going on here???
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:28 pm Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:
what the.... the preview for episode 12 included some things the reviewer said............. whats going on here???

Well, clearly she's been reviewing Hoshiiro Girldrop.

Don't know what show you've been watching.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Hoshiro Girlsdrop is the anime of the season, ain’t got no time for a crappy show like Pop Team Epic Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9