• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Deadly Anime Maids

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Going to add Gintama and Emiya Cooking Pals OPs to the poll and, apologies if it wasn't clear, but all the maids on this list are new. Roberta was on the old list so, consider this list DLC content Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Misopup

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Ummm...How could you possibly overlook Roberta, from "Black Lagoon"?????
She is , like, the epitome of deadly! Shocked
Merida

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:09 pm Reply with quote
^ Rolling Eyes
How about reading the article and not just the list (or the comment directly above yours at the very least...)?
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Lol, great thread.

Kakegurui's OP is probably my actual favorite of the season, since this was the first opportunity I had to watch it, but I won't argue it needs to be included because there are plenty of other excellent ones this season.
It has no chance in hell of winning, but Mistuboshi Colors has my kind of opening to a T. It's funny, adorable, and extremely well edited.
(also, for the record, the "new poll" sentence says: "What anime license rescue are you holding out for?" instead of "What are your favorite OPs of the season?" )
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Ok could someone explain this?

it is said the Re:zero is still not licensed or dubbed but how come the uk market not only has it licensed but is coming out with a dub and a release date? i mean should that be first dubbed and released in the us market? some has to have it if this is occurring

i mean look at this: https://animeuknews.net/2018/02/anime-limiteds-q2-2018-home-video-release-slate-revealed/
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
it is said the Re:zero is still not licensed or dubbed but how come the uk market not only has it licensed but is coming out with a dub and a release date? i mean should that be first dubbed and released in the us market?

This is a curious example of an exception to a norm. Anime Limited somehow manage to beat American companies to a licence and a dub on rare occasions, most of these being theatrical releases. With such assets in place, US releases usually follow their UK equivalents. (Bear in mind that despite their prowess, AL's upcoming releases are typically delayed.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Since Re: Zero has never been licensed in North America, can it properly be called a rescue? If that's the case, I would have voted for Rakugo, which unfortunately is no more likely to be licensed than Monster.
Kosaka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Currently the new poll text says
Quote:
The new poll: What anime license rescue are you holding out for?

(the same text as last week), instead of some variation on "Current Best Winter 2018 OP?" or "What are the top three best opening themes from the Winter 2018 season?".
kamen_otaku81

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:36 pm Reply with quote
What?! No Roberta or Fabiola Iglesias from Black Lagoon? OUTRAGE!
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:56 pm Reply with quote
No Roberta or Eleanor Baker?
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:53 am Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
If talking about deadly maids there are 2 that can literally destroy countries.

Grayfia Lucifuge from High School DxD
Zest from Testament of Sister New Devil

You better don't make these 2 mad Twisted Evil

well no duh. how the hell those two arent on this list is beyond me. but the biggest snub is that mahoro from mahoromatic or even roberta from black lagoon arent even on this list. i mean COME ON!!!! those two, especially roberta is the alpha and omega when it comes to deadly anime maids.

also i'm kinda surprised that zoids is in the top 7 let alone on this list. also i believe fans were referring to the original 1999 version of hunter x hunter , not the 2011 madhouse version since i believe that viz let that license expired along with some other series.

also if there is any series that needs to be resuced other than macross , its series that have been utterly DESTROYED BY 4KIDS & NELVAVA!!! i mean so far i haven't heard any company acquired the license for doreimi , tokyo mew mew , or even shaman king. though while the original CCS is in the hands of NIS , the series have pretty much been given the middle finger by them when they plastered the god awful animax asia version.

if its one series that needs a funi rescue and given a proper dub ala the escaflowne route, its that series. especially considering on how well the tsubasa dub version is doing for the clear card arc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:10 am Reply with quote
Doesn't anyone ever read the other posts in the thread besides their own? There are only 26 posts in this thread (not counting this one) and 7 of them are asking about Roberta, despite the fact that 6 posts have pointed out that she was in the original list (including 2 with links to that list). smh
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:16 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Doesn't anyone ever read the other posts in the thread besides their own? There are only 26 posts in this thread (not counting this one) and 7 of them are asking about Roberta, despite the fact that 6 posts have pointed out that she was in the original list (including 2 with links to that list). smh

For real though.... not sure whether to bash my head against a wall, scream internally, or just laugh it off.
TasteyCookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:29 am Reply with quote
Oh man my top 2 for best OP were an easy choice. If you haven't heard Kokkoku's OP (which wouldn't surprise me) I definitely recommend checking it out, it's lit. Also Laid back camp's Shiny Days is another easy pick. Reminds me of the good ole Jackson 5.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:45 am Reply with quote
Why did the article list omit Sayoko from Code Geass?. She is a ninja maid, as well as a yamato nadeshiko.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3