• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Marvel vs. Capcom's Seemingly Infinite Problems

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xzy123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
I love how Black Panther is going to make a billion dollars and the Capcom defenders think Marvel is the entire problem.

Capcom paid for nothing! Their story was horrible!

One MVCI was hype as god know what from fanboy and def the game to no end thank to just a fun game nothing more then fun.

Two MVCI keeping talking how awesome will be to have black panther in the game.
Panon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Blazblue Tag making it wasn't that surprising, it's the newest iteration of a series that has always had good turnout and performed well at EVO.

MVCI being excluded is even less of a surprise. It's a bad game and in no way deserved a place just because of it's name. It definitely wasn't 'snubbed'
TheAnimeRevolutionizer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
I love how Black Panther is going to make a billion dollars and the Capcom defenders think Marvel is the entire problem.

You know what the role of a producer is?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 am Reply with quote
TheAnimeRevolutionizer wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

You know what the role of a producer is?

Marvel only licensed out their characters. This isn’t PS4 Spider-Man where they have a hands-on approach to the character and story. (Apparently even the new white logo has an in-game explanation). Capcom did everything and sucked at it.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
It helps that DOOM and Rhodes don’t suck.

Any character can be brought down to the level of suckage even established ones.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah but Riri Williams ALWAYS sucked and I’m annoyed they haven’t killed her off yet.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Yeah but Riri Williams ALWAYS sucked and I’m annoyed they haven’t killed her off yet.

Sir, that is a hate crime. I am going to have to take you in.
TheAnimeRevolutionizer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga, seriously, you just failed the test. I got all of my info from cited sources from Wikipedia. Where are you getting your information?

Worst of all I wouldn't trust you with reading inbetween the lines. The whole series REEKS of Marvel based input since Marvel Versus Capcom 3. Not since hearing Inafune badmouth about how "the japanese game industry is entirely bad" and then flopping HARD through Comcept have I seen pandering and unauthentic taste and bland attempts at appeal. Plus, do you even know how to research development history and connect the dots?

In the end of all of this, MVC Infinite alone just SUCKS. And it just DOES. As much as I don't let Marvel live down the fact that still after 1996 they still have a long road to play catch up on, it's much different than blaming Capcom making cash grabs with Ultra Street Fighter IV and V. If they could, Capcom could make the cash draws themselves and it would be all fine. Marvel? Marvel's currently suffering from an identity crisis over really badly made (and very poorly recieved) comics this last Fall of 2017 and making a lot of money through their movies.

Someone's in the "damn it capcom if you made x game you'd have my money" department and they sure can't get over it. Someone made a really bad game? Whatever. I've long done been a hardcore fan and while it's fun to talk, this has gone on far too long.

Oh, and a producer is "a person responsible for the financial and managerial aspects of making of a movie or broadcast or for staging a play, opera, etc."

There were TWO producers for MVC:I. They were Mike Evans and Tsukasa Takenaka. Someone wasn't doing their job and someone was playing courier dog for the other company. HMMM.....
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

I feel the same way about Deadpool and Squirrel Girl but their niche likeability and the nature of comic book deaths means they won't go away.... permanently.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Yeah but Deadpool made a small fortune on film and Squirrel Girl is set to star in a new sitcom based on New Warriors. Riri is an obstacle to selling comics to film fans.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:45 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Yeah but Deadpool made a small fortune on film and Squirrel Girl is set to star in a new sitcom based on New Warriors. Riri is an obstacle to selling comics to film fans.

Why would a movie goer want to buy a comic book in this day and age?.... which as it is will likely be brought down by bad writing, questionable editorial mandates, or sub-par art or all three and wouldn't be the same in certain aspects as the films anyway?

To follow up to my earlier point no character is bad simply because they exist they can become that way depending on how they're used and lord knows how prevalent this problem has been in comic books for years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3