• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kemono Friends' Former Director, Studio Make Kemurikusa TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:14 am Reply with quote
Yes! Time for Kemurikusa to dominate the anime world. Let's join together and make the people who made a bad decision regret said decision. Very Happy
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:03 am Reply with quote
Post-apocalyptic original science fiction ACTION series entirely made by Tatsuki and team.
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, it's completely ridiculous for that point... and yeah, SOLD.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:20 am Reply with quote
Naturally,I'm hyped. But also a little bit leery. I loved KF so much that even if this is a good show, I'll probably feel a little let down if it's not as enjoyable as KF, which is kind of unfair, of course, but unavoidable for me.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:37 am Reply with quote
May this work of his is as successful as Kemono Friends. A lot of fans is there with him and his team.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:49 am Reply with quote
What will be interesting to see is how his direction has improved since those clips were made. Five years is quite some time ago, and a lot has changed since then.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:48 am Reply with quote
Seems that Tatsuki and his KF studio are back together. Hopefully. this project will show his improvement throughout the past year.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:40 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Naturally,I'm hyped. But also a little bit leery. I loved KF so much that even if this is a good show, I'll probably feel a little let down if it's not as enjoyable as KF, which is kind of unfair, of course, but unavoidable for me.

Same bucket here. I can't help but feel the success of one or the other will influence the other. Its like Mom and Dad getting a divorce!
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:33 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Yes! Time for Kemurikusa to dominate the anime world. Let's join together and make the people who made a bad decision regret said decision. Very Happy

The wonders of a free market. <3

Blood- wrote:

Considering how little involvement anyone other than Irodori had on KF, I feel pretty confident that, with the same team, they'll be able to create at least a good bit of what made that series work so well. I'm just glad to see how overwhelming the fan support for them has been. It's genuinely inspiring.
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:05 pm Reply with quote
So I was a little confused upon reading this the first time, but I guess Irodori is the three-person group that includes TATSUKI and Yaoyorozu is another that consists of mostly animators? But I guess the stuff the Irodori has solely made, like the Keifuku-san short, is also animated by themselves.

It'll certainly be nice to have the old crew back together, because I can't see an entire anime being fronted by just three people. It also helps that TATSUKI already has stuff on his plate, like the Hentatsu project. Wink
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
So I was a little confused upon reading this the first time, but I guess Irodori is the three-person group that includes TATSUKI and Yaoyorozu is another that consists of mostly animators? But I guess the stuff the Irodori has solely made, like the Keifuku-san short, is also animated by themselves.
Irodori is the group of three persons, indeed - it's consisted of Tatsuki, Yoshihisa Isa and Yuko Shiromizu - basically the indie circle, which made shorts like Keifuku-san and Hentatsu.

Yaoyorozu is the animation studio with which Tatsuki is currently affiliated - so TV series will be made by them, at full capacity.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The science-fiction action story follows girls who fight with weird entities nicknamed "mushi" (bugs) and survive in a world of red fog.

If these bugs prove to be similar to the Friends, then surely all parties win!
(Except Kadokawa, that is but that is par for the course at this point.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
If these bugs prove to be similar to the Friends, then surely all parties win! (Except Kadokawa, that is but that is par for the course at this point.)
Not Friends, but Ceruleans (if you look to the short), except being bio-robots instead of slimy aliens.
But one Friend is sure there, just look at this ears.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm hopeful that Kemurikusa will be as big of a hit as Kemono Friends was. Smile The post-apocolytic theme of the show looks pretty awesome!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1