• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fanservice Mousepads! Now With Fashion Accessories!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keen Fox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:23 pm Reply with quote
TasteyCookie wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
I've got a mouse pad with a bit of padding, but it went flat pretty fast. So I do wonder if I should get one of those boob mouse pads, or do they go flat pretty fast. I know some say they are pervy, but it seems more like a harmless novelty to me, its not like a body pillow.

I have an oppai mousepad because I do 8 hours of desk-work a day and started to get wrist pains. Not only did the mousepad solve those pains but it's also ridiculously comfortable. Been using it for about 2 years and have not had it flatten at all. Word of advice though is pay attention to which size you get, as depending on your wrist, some may be more comfortable than others. It's best if you are at Akiba or a Con-booth where you can physically try one out.

Keen Fox wrote:
How can you have this thing in your room when you have visitors?
I myself bought some nice and sexy figurines and then I had to take them out...

I have had members of the opposite gender, family, and friends all around my various weeb paraphernalia and they all find it funny. The key is not the content, but how you act about it as a person. As long as you're cool about it and not creepy, people respond in kind. Also don't be offended if someone thinks it's gross, not all of us are desensitized by Japanese media Razz Also don't openly display nudity and that will be more likely for them to not care what you display. I have many suggestive figures and posters but I keep the hentai/erotic art to myself as that's the respectful thing to do.

Fact was I did not have any explicit nudity or anything like that.It just seemed a bit suggestive so I had to take them out.I do not have any problems with it of course but it was the visitors thet kept asking questions and my family was not OK with it.Now they are back to their boxes.Poor figurines.They could not escape racism due to their beautifulness and sexuality Sad
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
$300 for garbage like this? No thank you!

Agreed. This is novelty stuff. I'm happy for anyone ballsy enough to actually own and enjoy it, but I draw the line at price gouging like this.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
Be careful not to eat any chocolate fudge food while using this mousepad Confused

If people can drink milk while using the breast variants I don't see why chocolate eaters would deterred......besides some people are into that .
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:25 pm Reply with quote
TasteyCookie wrote:

Keen Fox wrote:

I have had members of the opposite gender, family, and friends all around my various weeb paraphernalia and they all find it funny. The key is not the content, but how you act about it as a person. As long as you're cool about it and not creepy, people respond in kind. Also don't be offended if someone thinks it's gross, not all of us are desensitized by Japanese media Razz Also don't openly display nudity and that will be more likely for them to not care what you display. I have many suggestive figures and posters but I keep the hentai/erotic art to myself as that's the respectful thing to do.

I have many PVC figures myself. Many, if not the majority, are more harmless. There are however some lolita figures and some T&A figures. Hello Ikki Tousen, Queens Blade, & a few other random ones. I have a small curio cabinet in the family room with some of the favorites (and some old Franklin Mint dragon sculptures I have), but the rest are displayed on 2 wall mounted bookshelves in plain sight in the hobby/guest room where all the manga is. My opinion is it's me and my gf's house so either one of us can display whatever we want wherever we want. And yes, many of the QB and IT figures do have removable clothing. I leave it on simply because taking it off would take away half of the appeal of the figure to me. Not for any "modesty" related reasons.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:32 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Is it bad that I didn't seen anything wrong with this until I saw the price?
No, it’s not bad. I felt the exact same. While there’s definitely an audience for these things, the price is simply a bit steep.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:32 am Reply with quote
I'll take 12.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:55 am Reply with quote
Keen Fox wrote:

It helps that my circle of friends consists of anime fans and geeks in general. My girlfriend even has figures, posters, and plushes of her own.

The only people who aren't into it that come over would be my parents, but they know I'm into anime so it's no surprise to them, and most of it is in the den and my bedroom anyway. My dad has a ton of sports memorabilia at his place himself so he knows how it is.

-Stuart Smith
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:27 am Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:
I'll take 12.

That'll be $3600. Thank you for your business.

The price seems to be somewhat on the higher end for an oppai/oshiri pad, but I've seen special exclusive ones go for around this price a lot. I've spend way more than that on one package of a few figures, but I'd never spend it on a mousepad.

I did buy a $20 fanmade pad once as a joke, but it ended up feeling so good on my wrist (I have wrist issues and thought it would more cut curculation off), I used it a lot... until a few months later, the gooey, sticky substance started seeping out and it lost its shape. I had to toss it, which was a shame. I'm assuming if you can dish out the money, a higher-end pad would be best.

Keen Fox wrote:

Fact was I did not have any explicit nudity or anything like that.It just seemed a bit suggestive so I had to take them out.I do not have any problems with it of course but it was the visitors thet kept asking questions and my family was not OK with it.Now they are back to their boxes.Poor figurines.They could not escape racism due to their beautifulness and sexuality

Don't worry. Keep them safe in their boxes until you live on your own and can do what you like. My parents were iffy about some of my figures, too, but once I was out of the house, they couldn't tell me not to display them. In a way, if almost felt like I had somehow just got them brand new. The feeling of showing them off in the open is a good feeling.

Quote:
It’s more... art. And thinking of it as a kind of art piece, maybe $300 isn’t so crazy.

That's the spirit!
Though, on a serious level, it's both merchandise and art. Indeed, you can appreciate it for what it is if you don't have personal reservations against it, but you don't have to if you don't understand it. Sure, it IS pretty neat in a way and the fact that it's accessible to anyone who can afford it means it can be appreciated by more, but it's mass produced and sold for promotion and such, so feel free to dislike it for that as well.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:35 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
$300 for garbage like this? No thank you!

Yet people have paid upwards of 4 times that much for DLC and skins...

Also in regards to the comments on "pervy Japan" I think you'll find far worse in the darker parts of your own country. Japan isn't any more perverted as most other nations they're just not as fearful of sex as most of the anglosphere.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:06 am Reply with quote
For that price, the tights better not run unless you want them to run!

MarshalBanana wrote:
I've got a mouse pad with a bit of padding, but it went flat pretty fast. So I do wonder if I should get one of those boob mouse pads, or do they go flat pretty fast. I know some say they are pervy, but it seems more like a harmless novelty to me, its not like a body pillow.

How are they any different from a body pillow? The rule of thumb should be that both items are ok to have, but if you take either out as a date to a coffee shop, people might look at you funny...
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

How are they any different from a body pillow? The rule of thumb should be that both items are ok to have, but if you take either out as a date to a coffee shop, people might look at you funny...

Why would you ever say such a thing? That can't possibly be true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eytAJ3D2Xoc
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Why would you ever say such a thing? That can't possibly be true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eytAJ3D2Xoc
I hadn't thought about it, but that's an excellent way to keep the normies at bay. Unless somebody wants to talk to you over it, you're practically guaranteed your personal space!
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:17 am Reply with quote
You don't have to lug something that large around. All you need to keep people away is to sit at a table and carry on a conversation with people who are not there. (I've actually seen that)

The bit in the video of the guy wearing two hats was a nice touch.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Doubles as a two-handed weapon, strength proficiency bonus +4 (dex -5) with 1d6 bludgeoning dmg. Actually, roll to hit 1d4 because it is an improvised weapon, but said wielder has used it before.

No proficiency bonus in your Charisma however, remains -5000.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2