• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 5-11 [2018-02-15]

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Djidji

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:25 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Djidji wrote:
meiam wrote:
I watched ep 1 of slow and start and it was... utterly average. It's only distinguishing features was that the main character was 1 year older than everyone else which..

Most likely some excellent character animation.

This perhaps might help you understand why: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny

I don't really know why you're talking about that. ._.
I just wanted to mention Slow Start' strong point must be its animation rather than its premise. (Messed up my earlier quote a bit. Mad)
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Djidji wrote:
AksaraKishou wrote:
Djidji wrote:
meiam wrote:
I watched ep 1 of slow and start and it was... utterly average. It's only distinguishing features was that the main character was 1 year older than everyone else which..

This perhaps might help you understand why: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny

I just wanted to mention Slow Start' strong point must be its animation rather than its premise. (Messed up my earlier quote a bit. Mad)

Was mainly talking to meiam, probably should have taken your quote out. xD Sorry about that!
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:08 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Djidji wrote:
AksaraKishou wrote:
Djidji wrote:
meiam wrote:

Was mainly talking to meiam, probably should have taken your quote out. xD Sorry about that!

Oh... then I don't know what your talking about
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:22 am Reply with quote
No surprise to see March comes in like a lion at the top, generally happy about that.

Loving that Garo is getting the recognition it deserves, episode 16 & 17 were fantastic. The characters mesh really well together and the animation has only gotten better, now we just need some more dope fight scenes between Sword, Luke and Dark Knight. Luke's gun is a beauty!

After the Rain is pleasant and a guilty pleasure of mine, and even though the recent episode took a different approach & didn't have my all giddy, it still had some raw friendship involved that rings true to life. Never disappointing.

Violet Evergarden has been taking a slight back seat to majority of the episodes since her typewriting class. The show does well with giving new characters development, but it's not really interesting to me, imo. I'm still going to stick with it regardless.

Darling in the Franxx dropped? Not sure why, last episode was really good if not the best. Odd.

Card Captor is definitely running on the 'let's just capture new cards and that's it'. Which is fine, since there'll be quite a bit of time to get to the bottom of what's happening. I'm enjoying the ride, but shocked it dropped so low.

I dropped Beatless by episode 3, I guess I'm not regretting that decision.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2