• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
HOW TO Respond to MMO Junkie Director's Anti-Semitic Tweet Controversy and keep the story visible.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:52 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
If you are getting other email feedback (like the message I sent that originally contained this suggestion) I suggest cultivating some choice feedback and periodically publishing them IN THE CLOSED RESPONSE THREAD to the topic. In order to keep the story visible.

Tempest wrote:

This is a great idea. I'll discuss it with Zac.

Unfortunately it's also a bit of a headache, there's no notice that e-mails might be posted on the site, and we're not going to post people's e-mails without their permission. So to do this, we'd have to e-mail every person whose e-mail we wanted to post and ask their permission.

Next time we do something like this, where we lock a forum thread pre-emptively, we'll post the good e-mail comments.

We can't do it this time because we didn't warn people that their e-mails might be posted publicly. I'm not certain about the legality of posting people's comments without warning them, but I regardless of legality, I feel it would be unethical.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2