• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Exclusive: Vampire Hunter D Comic Switches Artists

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blueno

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Uuuuhhhh... So this guy is turning Vampire Hunter D into an anime or cartoon? I need a trailer or something' to judge this correctly. But from the looks of it, this might be getting Castlevania Netflix treatment. Which is not bad, I hope the team goes this direction but don't forget the roots of what Makes Vampire Hunter D the classic it is. I really want this to go places.
Amaranth Sparrow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:16 am Reply with quote
Blueno wrote:
Uuuuhhhh... So this guy is turning Vampire Hunter D into an anime or cartoon? I need a trailer or something' to judge this correctly. But from the looks of it, this might be getting Castlevania Netflix treatment. Which is not bad, I hope the team goes this direction but don't forget the roots of what Makes Vampire Hunter D the classic it is. I really want this to go places.

Yoshiaki Kawajiri (Bloodlust director) and Hideyuki Kikuchi (series creator) are both working on the project, and they're adapting directly from the original light novels, so it should stick to its roots.

I'm not sure how much has changed about their plans, but last I heard, their goal was to pitch it to major cable networks / digital platforms as an hour-long, ten-episode series, where each season would adapt a different story from the novels.

If I recall correctly, they're aiming for the visuals to look less like traditional anime, and more like a traditional watercolor / ink painting (similar to Yoshitaka Amano's illustrations), in motion. Fairly high-concept non-photorealistic rendering, at least.

Of course, it still seems to be early. They've been taking their time with this project.
Blueno

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:07 am Reply with quote
Amaranth Sparrow wrote:
Blueno wrote:

Yoshiaki Kawajiri (Bloodlust director) and Hideyuki Kikuchi (series creator) are both working on the project, and they're adapting directly from the original light novels, so it should stick to its roots.

I'm not sure how much has changed about their plans, but last I heard, their goal was to pitch it to major cable networks / digital platforms as an hour-long, ten-episode series, where each season would adapt a different story from the novels.

If I recall correctly, they're aiming for the visuals to look less like traditional anime, and more like a traditional watercolor / ink painting (similar to Yoshitaka Amano's illustrations), in motion. Fairly high-concept non-photorealistic rendering, at least.

Of course, it still seems to be early. They've been taking their time with this project.

Awesome! I can't wait to see what they can bring to the table.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1