• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! Light Novels Get Anime Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:43 pm Reply with quote
This is a great little light novel series, although the manga adaptation leaves something to be desired.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:16 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
This is a great little light novel series, although the manga adaptation leaves something to be desired.

Couldn't agree more, anime are usually fine as long they have multiple season but most Manga adaptation of LN are often so rushed that it feel like reading another serie. They are still good in their own way but it's pity that the small funny and silly details aren't often reproduced

Kougeru wrote:
Gender has nothing to do with quality. You just prefer that. Look at Märchen Mädchen. It's not good..

Couldn't agree more again, there are plenty bad female protagonist and the few that are localized are rather good that's why people here tend to think they are better, also most of the female lead ( not this one ) are directed towards the female audience rather than the male audience, so there is no point in comparing them
Random Name

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
fantaselion wrote:
Please tell me we are going to get more of Isekai with Female Protagonists, as they generally are better than the alternative.

Gender has nothing to do with quality. You just prefer that. Look at Märchen Mädchen. It's not good.
So you tell him its just his opinion that a female MC makes for a better show and not fact. But then you proceed to tell him Märchen Mädchen is bad as if it is a fact but in reality it's just your opinion. I'm not really sure what point your trying to make but it sounds like your saying his opinion is wrong while your opinions are facts.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
fantaselion wrote:
Please tell me we are going to get more of Isekai with Female Protagonists, as they generally are better than the alternative.

Gender has nothing to do with quality. You just prefer that. Look at Märchen Mädchen. It's not good.

Thing is though we can name way more terrible isekai stories with Male Protags than female ones. Also, how about we wait until the show comes out before making baseless statements?
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
fantaselion wrote:

That show was isekai? Had no idea
Rob49152

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I guess this is Isekai even though the 10 year old girl is still in the same world she starts out in at the beginning of the story. And the 18 year old girl might also be from the same world. It's a little gray.
mc55

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I love this series so far as of the first volume. It is cute, sweet, great moments of awesome and just such a fun read. Some of the stuff seems contrived, and she does kinda get a tad annoying in one or two instances, but that is with any story. In general, it's one of my favorite recent LN's of any genre.

I don't think that female characters or male characters in isekai are better, worse, or even comparable really. With the predominance of male characters versus female ones, you can't adequately compare to me. The female characters are novel and unique, which makes them somewhat more refreshing, to be sure.

It is hinting at a slight reverse-harem aspect, which your mileage may vary on since some hate harems and others don't mind them.

Just a fun story with likable and sweet characters.

For those interested. The print version isn't out until June, but the digital version is out already.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
fantaselion wrote:

So you tell him its just his opinion that a female MC makes for a better show and not fact. But then you proceed to tell him Märchen Mädchen is bad as if it is a fact but in reality it's just your opinion. I'm not really sure what point your trying to make but it sounds like your saying his opinion is wrong while your opinions are facts.

He’s a hypocrite with these type of things. “Your opinion isn’t fact. Mine is.” is basically his schtick and won’t back down no matter what. It’s honestly a bit tiring seeing it happen again.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:06 am Reply with quote
Whether or not you think she is a written well or not, Lucy Heartfilia is an example of a female protagonist (as in, she is the chief character for the main series even more than Natsu) in a non-isekai show.
natchu96

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:56 am Reply with quote
While this is basically more a slice of life story than anything, I guess I did have a fun time watching common sense die on a regular basis.

The popularity sure grew fast . . .
mc55

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:21 am Reply with quote
Oh, yah. ^ The MC takes the trope "Genius Ditz" from tv tropes and runs with it. Not stupid at all, but soooo lacking in common sense and the ability to judge how things will look or turn out. But it's so light-hearted a story that it turns out well anyways, except only a few darker turns.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:31 am Reply with quote
natchu96 wrote:
While this is basically more a slice of life story than anything

Seriously? Konosuba is more of a slice of life series than this one after their respective first volumes.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:43 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
That's just your opinion. I like Marchen Madchen and am sure as hell enjoying the heck out of it, no matter how low the score is. I'm in the camp of people that supported more anime adaptation for light novel with female protagonist. Sure as heck beats all em' harem stuff and shit.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:39 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Sure as heck beats all em' harem stuff and shit.

Not sure why you’re directly comparing light novel anime adaptations having a female protagonists with harems since neither are intrinsically “better” (as well as, at times, attempt to achieve different things) than the other. (If you weren’t trying to compare, I’m sorry, but that’s the implication I’m getting from your wording.)
Afezeria

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:31 am Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
I was saying that I'm happy to see a light novel that have a female protagonist getting an anime adaptation. I'm a fan of CGDCT,slice of life and shows with female protagonist that involves no straight romantic aspect, just to make it clear, hence why I posted such thing earlier. I wasn't saying that harem with female lead is better than your common harem either (I don't even watch any reverse harem) and what I meant by what you quoted is that I like it more seeing this sorts of things getting announced rather than another one of the plethora of isekai harem novels out there. I don't loathe that thing I've mentioned all the way to high heaven of course, but I'm not enjoying it, so there's that. Good for the fans however. There's a ton of harem+isekai stuff to watch throughout the years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3