• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zoids Model Toys Inspire Zoids Wild Summer Anime, April Manga, Switch Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:54 am Reply with quote
I was never keen on Giant Mecha being living-mechanoids that suddenly was able to be modified for human use. It too weird. Now their doing the precuror series before people were driving the Zoids?
Ziko577

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Nyren wrote:
Not gonna lie. This definitely does not look like the Zoids I remember. They're smaller, no cockpits, and suddenly everyone's got powers or something. I just wanted more Chaotic Century or New Century Zero.

This seems to be more in line with Battle Story re the no cockpits thing iirc.

Battle Story's Zoids didn't get cockpits until the Civil Wars and stuff like that started and they'd matured. They were just wild animals with heavy weaponry otherwise.

That's true. This series may try to return to the roots of what made the franchise great in the first place.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
This seems to be more in line with Battle Story re the no cockpits thing iirc.

Battle Story's Zoids didn't get cockpits until the Civil Wars and stuff like that started and they'd matured. They were just wild animals with heavy weaponry otherwise.

Interesting. Wasn't familiar with that.

Yune Amagiri wrote:
Zoids anime in 2018 ?! Oo Liger i missed you, really liked everyone of them mostly Genesis

Yeah, it looks great in the CG in the trailer.

Yes, loved watching the previous shows on Cartoon Network. I quite enjoyed the previous Zoids series and wish we'd gotten that English dub version of Genesis that even got a trailer before going vaporware and never coming out, even though I've since watched the fansubs. Smile

Glad to have it back. I admit I didn't expect the lack of the cockpits though which I'll miss since the tone of the show and battles is probably going to feel quite different without them, but of course I'll still check it out since it'll hardly be the first thing to do it with the glowing or powers or whatever protecting them.

Pretty neat surprise seeing this back with a new series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2