• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chio-chan no Tsūgakuro Anime Delayed to July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:37 am Reply with quote
Oh, well, that’s a shame, but to be honest, I almost forgot about this series due to the many other noteworthy anime that’s currently planned to air in Spring. I feared that this would get buried and lost underneath, but since it’s being delayed to Summer, hopefully, that will be less likely to happen as well as the fact that it doesn’t get released in a rushed manner. Delays can only help a series/game in the long run. I can wait a little longer for this one.
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:45 am Reply with quote
I really can not understand Kadokawa and the other producers, who ask for Diomedea studio - a weak and scarce studio of talent - to make adaptations of their series. It's past time for Kadokawa to invest in her own studio. This would save the trouble of having to ask a weak studio to make the adaptations they want. Beatless, which is currently being produced by Diomedea, will certainly give the producer a huge loss.

But it seems they have no shame in the face!
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:42 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or there are too many news of delays this past year: Death March (Fall 2017 -> Winter 2018), Sareryu (Fall 2017 -> Spring 2018), Butlers (Winter 2018 -> Spring 2018), Arifureta (Spring 2018 -> 2019), and this show (Spring 2018 -> Summer 2018).

Ronie Peter wrote:
I really can not understand Kadokawa and the other producers, who ask for Diomedea studio - a weak and scarce studio of talent - to make adaptations of their series. It's past time for Kadokawa to invest in her own studio. This would save the trouble of having to ask a weak studio to make the adaptations they want. Beatless, which is currently being produced by Diomedea, will certainly give the producer a huge loss.

Remember what the Toei producer said about anime studios being booked until 2020? Remember the Netflix alliance with BONES, Production I.G. and Wit Studio? Obviously, this is NOT the time for producers like Kadokawa to be picky with the studios. Unless, they can pay more than Netflix, then it is safe to assume that those 3 studios won't be taking that many projects from other producers.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:50 am Reply with quote
As if it being made by Diomedea wasn't already reason enough to sincerely doubt the anime will be worth much.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:57 am Reply with quote
Unfortunate that it got delayed. At least this should prevent it from missing weeks due to poor animation quality.
NonsenseUser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:26 am Reply with quote
Yeah I think this is for the best with how loaded the Spring season is. I'm looking forward to this one but could've easily seen it get lost in the shuffle had it stayed in Spring.
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:46 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Is it just me, or there are too many news of delays this past year: Death March (Fall 2017 -> Winter 2018), Sareryu (Fall 2017 -> Spring 2018), Butlers (Winter 2018 -> Spring 2018), Arifureta (Spring 2018 -> 2019), and this show (Spring 2018 -> Summer 2018).

Ronie Peter wrote:

Remember what the Toei producer said about anime studios being booked until 2020? Remember the Netflix alliance with BONES, Production I.G. and Wit Studio? Obviously, this is NOT the time for producers like Kadokawa to be picky with the studios. Unless, they can pay more than Netflix, then it is safe to assume that those 3 studios won't be taking that many projects from other producers.

That's why I think it's time for Kadokawa to invest in his own studio. By the way, I think this can be done by all the big producers. This would greatly relieve the bar of various studios, in addition to helping many animators in the industry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1