• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utawarerumono Gets New Omnibus Manga Series on March 30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:39 am Reply with quote
I just want a 3 season
Vanadise

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:52 am Reply with quote
I doubt we'll ever get a third season; they wouldn't be able to make it without retconning "The False Faces" or deviating even more from the games, and it'd take at least 4 cours to adapt the entire story. Well, unless they cut out entire plot arcs, which I guess they were also perfectly willing to do in the second season... We're better off just sticking with the games.

But a manga could be neat, hopefully somebody will translate it.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:43 am Reply with quote
Vanadise wrote:
I doubt we'll ever get a third season; they wouldn't be able to make it without retconning "The False Faces" or deviating even more from the games, and it'd take at least 4 cours to adapt the entire story. Well, unless they cut out entire plot arcs, which I guess they were also perfectly willing to do in the second season... We're better off just sticking with the games.

But a manga could be neat, hopefully somebody will translate it.

I'm not so certain there will never be a 3rd season.. False Faces did a fairly good job covering the main points of Mask of Deception.. not perfect and it did leave some elements out.. but it was passable. For Mask of Truth.. it could be done picking up where MOD leaves off with Kuon's story.

I am more hoping that the original story re-make comes out in english..

@Vanadise I love the avatar.. Kuon was my favorite character in MOD and MOT.
Vanadise

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Kuon's one of my favorite characters of all time. Even if we don't get a third season, at least we're getting a Kuon OVA, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Most of The False Faces' continuity problems come from everything that happened spoiler[after Mito dies]; the location, order, and people involved in a lot of events got changed, especially with regards to spoiler[Oshtor's battle with Vurai].

But yeah, I really hope that the remake of the original gets brought over here. Hopefully Atlus picks it up, although I know that one of the two editors who worked on the game (and was a major advocate for the series) has left Atlus since then... maybe if we're lucky, they'll hire him to work as a contractor on it.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:47 pm Reply with quote
@Vanadise It's hard for me to add anything to what you already put in without the whole post going spoiler crazy.. so I will hold off.

However.. I demand a Kuon figure!..

And even though I know the Kuon OVAs will probably never get released in english.. I am hoping someone fansubs them..
Vanadise

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I would pay an unreasonable amount of money for a nice figure of Kuon. It's weird how there are figures out there of Nekone, Atuy, and Rulutieh -- and the latter two cost in the neighborhood of $300 -- but nothing for Kuon. Maybe they'll release something after remake is out...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1