• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
You're Under Arrest Listed for U.S. TV Channel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:12 am Reply with quote
Good to see the original TV series on TV over here at least, even though this is very random for it to just appear suddenly on a niche channel that a lot of people probably don't have. Where was this back when I HAD cable? :/ Would be cool to see it reissued on DVD. Paging Discotek...
Compelled to Reply

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:55 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Bizarre choice for a Hispanic children’s channel. Though I think they try to skew their anime a little older - they even aired Dinosaur King with a TV-14 rating. Shocked

Closed Captioning for "You're Under Arrest" sponsored in part by: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:45 am Reply with quote
Was there really anything in the first season that wouldn't be appropriate for even a TV-14 rating?

All I can think of is maybe some slightly risque content involving Aoi, but it's pretty tame by today's standards.

The ecchi-er content from the manga (plus ecchi filler) got sequestered in a separate series of (mostly) short-form segments that originally aired on an adult-oriented late night variety show in Japan in 1999, if I remember correctly. I doubt Primo licensed those.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:13 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Tenchi wrote:
If it's the 1996-97 You're Under Arrest TV series (which included the 1994-95 OVA as the first four episodes) and which obviously was animated for 4:3, I do have to wonder whether they're going to air it pillarboxed or whether it will be cropped for 16:9?

Does an HD transfer, even just upscaled, of the 1996 TV series even exist? I can't find anything about the 1996 TV series ever getting a Blu-Ray release in Japan although I suppose they could have been remastered in HD for broadcast even without a Blu-Ray release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuvWcutg2MI

"Bo-kuuto"..."Mai-yuki"
*facepalm*

Tenchi wrote:

Does an HD transfer, even just upscaled, of the 1996 TV series even exist? I can't find anything about the 1996 TV series ever getting a Blu-Ray release in Japan although I suppose they could have been remastered in HD for broadcast even without a Blu-Ray release.

I sure hope so, one day...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2