• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utena/Penguindrum's Kunihiko Ikuhara Reveals Next Anime's Studios, Title, 2019 TV Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:
Hope it isn't set in high school. I'm getting rather tired of watching middle aged men share their increasing lack of wisdom on being a teenager.
The monkey paw curls a finger. The show will now be set in a middle school.

Oh foul, accursed thing! What demon from the depths of Hell created thee? Crying or Very sad
Hellfish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:29 pm Reply with quote
On the very least it could be interesting. So I am glad he is working on anime again
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Less bestiality this time, please, Ikuhara.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Chrono1000 wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:
Hope it isn't set in high school. I'm getting rather tired of watching middle aged men share their increasing lack of wisdom on being a teenager.

Oh foul, accursed thing! What demon from the depths of Hell created thee? Crying or Very sad

How about we be more specific so the monkey paw has to work harder: "All characters have to be aged 20+!"
I was not a fan of Lesbear Storm, way too over-the-top, but I liked what I saw of Penguindrum. Would definitely give Ikuhara shows a chance, just hope he tries something new.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Chrono1000 wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:

How about we be more specific so the monkey paw has to work harder: "All characters have to be aged 20+!"
I was not a fan of Lesbear Storm, way too over-the-top, but I liked what I saw of Penguindrum. Would definitely give Ikuhara shows a chance, just hope he tries something new.
1dbad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Key image of two men's signs together...a male voice on the teaser trailer...done by the studio that did Yuri on Ice...is this Ikuhara's first-ever Boys' Love anime?!

I was already excited, but if I'm right about that, this can't come soon enough. A more male-centric Ikuhara project would be an interesting change of pace. And we can count on him to deliver something with a bit more substance than most Boy's Love anime too.

Lemonchest wrote:

As far as anime goes, I feel Ikuhara is one of the best when it comes to puberty and adolescence. At least I remember his works really resonating with me as a kid and teen.
Mhora

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:29 am Reply with quote
My favorite dude, back again. I haven't been this excited for a new project since Yurikuma!
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Mappa is involved. I wonder what this series will be like. Junichi Suwabe was in the video.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2