• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lupin III's 5th Anime Series Reveals Additional Cast, April 3 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:50 am Reply with quote
Let's just hope Zenigata has a better time mentoring this Gorō guy than he did Oscar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:47 am Reply with quote
I'd have liked it better if Zenigata's subordinate was an animated version of Natsuki from the Zenigata Keibu live action series. I really liked the way they worked together in that show.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Seto Kaiba's voice actor (Tsuda) certainly gets around. I've been seeing him get more voice acting roles recently.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I may feel different when I watch it, but at the moment I'm not sold on the si-fi theme. The classic cars give it a sense of style.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:18 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I may feel different when I watch it, but at the moment I'm not sold on the si-fi theme. The classic cars give it a sense of style.

It's not sci-fi. All it says is that he will use modern technology, which he already did in part 4 and like a dozen specials. It even specifically states that he'll still use classic cars and weapons. And I mean, Lupin has always dabbled in (at the time) advanced, futuristic tech. It's just that now stuff like "a computer that can track your every move" ISNT entirely implausible. Plus, compared to stuff like Secret of Mamo this is nothing in comparison to how sci-fi the series can get (which I dig those stories on their own right.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

It's not sci-fi. All it says is that he will use modern technology, which he already did in part 4 and like a dozen specials. It even specifically states that he'll still use classic cars and weapons. And I mean, Lupin has always dabbled in (at the time) advanced, futuristic tech. It's just that now stuff like "a computer that can track your every move" ISNT entirely implausible. Plus, compared to stuff like Secret of Mamo this is nothing in comparison to how sci-fi the series can get (which I dig those stories on their own right.
Ok then, I didn't know any of that, the only information I knew about it is based on that promo image.
1dbad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:27 pm Reply with quote
It's too bad they're not bringing back Oscar. Laughing

I'll wait on seeing how the tech aspect plays out before judging it. I am liking the sounds of the new characters at least. And Tsuda is a VA I'm always happy to hear more of.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Dat cast! TsudaKen joins the cast. Looking forward to watching this even though it looks light.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1