• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vinland Saga Manga Gets TV Anime by Wit Studio

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:20 am Reply with quote
Its only March, and the anime news this year is coming in like a lion. Its as if all the stops were being pulled and the anime industry has become hell bent on delivering the biggest anime bonanza of all time.

If the news hits that a Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun season 2 has been greenlit, this year would be perfect.
mulletZERO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:37 am Reply with quote
I definitely wasn't expecting this, but the series definitely deserves an animated adaptation. Maybe we can get a Wolfsmund anime next. I can dream right?
SaneSavantElla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:39 am Reply with quote
!!! Mob Psycho S2 and then this? Now if an Otoyomegatari anime and a Baccano! sequel are announced, 2018 would be a year of miracles for me.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:51 am Reply with quote
Brand wrote:

But that doesn't seem to be the case? Volume 10 is listed to come out in June.

Did you consider that "here" for L'Imperatore might be a different country?
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Too bad it's Amazon streaming. Say goodbye to any chance of a home video release if PonyCan is involved in any capacity, and even then it'll probably take years after it's streamed. Monkey paw = curled.
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress got a home video release in January, and it is exclusively streaming on Amazon.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:00 am Reply with quote
Dreams do come true. Thank you Amazon. I don't know if they played part in the production, but them getting the license must imply some sort of monetary benefits were gained.

I love studio Wit and I trust them. I consider them to be one of the best studios out there. The mangaka was excited and said some big names were involved.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:11 am Reply with quote
Now the question is when are all of these coming out. I don't expect most of them this year, honestly.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:19 am Reply with quote
Okay, so can they get a director this time that will actually treat the source material with respect and not fill it up with extra pointless characters and the most base and juvenile humor possible this time around?
Dian Z

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:36 am Reply with quote
Took em looong enough. Now I just wish it will boost its popularity that the manga publication here will be resumed.

Its the type of story which needs a bit of patience until the development really kicks in, and it's gonna be really worth it. The storytelling reminds me more of a novel which takes its time developing its characters. For me personally, it's one of those titles with the best written ensemble characters I've read. I would say it reminds me of Game of Thrones, story-building-wise, but with relatively.smaller, more focused cast (I wouldn't want to set too high expectations for those who haven't read it though).
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
WHO WANTS TO BE KING???
jdnation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Excellent manga!

With good production values this will be a classic! And the subject matter is appealing to a wider audience in the west too.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:09 pm Reply with quote
From the creator or Planetes? With the choice of studio and this comment section (as well as the premise), this sounds really interesting. I’ll be sure to check it out whenever it premieres. So much anime, so little time.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:12 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Too bad it's Amazon streaming. Say goodbye to any chance of a home video release if PonyCan is involved in any capacity, and even then it'll probably take years after it's streamed. Monkey paw = curled.
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress got a home video release in January, and it is exclusively streaming on Amazon.

Yes, and what of their other exclusive licenses? Granted some are Aniplex and PonyCan and we all know the latter is incapable of doing any home releases as of now.
Encore22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
OH SHIIIET, now give Kingdom and Berserk a good anime and I'm in heaven Very Happy
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Vinland Saga, about time. Studio Wit, good. I don't know how good of an adaptation will be though or if they'll have the patience to do the full work. They'd have to play the odds that they're only going to get one chance so they'll have to do "all the good bits" pragmatic adaptation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4