• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vinland Saga Manga Gets TV Anime by Wit Studio

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
Yeah, remember Berserk?

Please, Kingdom anime done that thing before new Berserk even was in planning, so you're all should remember THAT before it.

But at least we got proper 2D animation studio with good portfolio on our side.
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:01 am Reply with quote
Expected this to happen someday, it's one of those mangas well deserving an anime adaptation. I'm trusting Wit Studio on this one, they've made great work with Attack on Titan, Ancient Magus Bride and After the Rain. I guess it's going to cover the "Prologue" part, Farmland Saga is probably reserved for a 2nd season if it's doing well - and a 3rd season if the manga gets enough material for that.
MeisterMitch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:55 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
64BitRatchet wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Too bad it's Amazon streaming. Say goodbye to any chance of a home video release if PonyCan is involved in any capacity, and even then it'll probably take years after it's streamed. Monkey paw = curled.
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress got a home video release in January, and it is exclusively streaming on Amazon.

And that's by Funimation, like other Wit Studio animated shows and noitaminA shows so far. Interestingly Funimation + Crunchyroll showed the theatrical version of Kabaneri, and Sentai announced that some of Amazon's Strike titles have lost their exclusivity a short while back just before the double paywall collapse. So it just further proves that Amazon, like Netflix, are pure streaming licensees and have no say whatsoever on other releases.

I'm pretty sure Funimation will get Vinland Saga too.

That Or Possibly Viz, though that is highly doubtful, one thing I would LOVE to see is that this airs on Toonami just like Space Dandy and FLCL 2 & 3.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:58 am Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress got a home video release in January, and it is exclusively streaming on Amazon.

amazon.com/Flowing-Blood/dp/B078TQ2V1J/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1521477794&sr=8-3&keywords=Kabaneri+of+the+Iron lists the language as English. So, this should be where you legally stream the End. dub. Ironically, there is a message that says "Our agreements with the content provider don’t allow purchases of this title at this time." Then, Amazon Prime should not bother not having this page if the Eng. dub isn't available.
CurseTheSky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:33 am Reply with quote
MeisterMitch wrote:
hack5 wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
Damn, 2018 is starting to have quite an epic trend in anime: finally adapting older but amazing manga into anime! First we got Banana Fish and now this? Any other old series you want to adapt for us, Japan? I could use full series for Basara and Please Save My Earth and would love to see From Far Away join your current isekai obsession. Give me some more weird shojo with After School Nightmare while we're at it. Maybe let Kaze Hikaru see the light of day in the States again with an anime. Perhaps give long running Ubel Blatt an anime too (but make it good, to make up for recent Berserk efforts). Give NG Life some love, since Yona of the Dawn did so well. Wanna reboot Master Keaton while we're at it? There were a ton of stories the first anime never got to. And start adapting wheelchair basketball manga Real to encourage Takehiko Inoue to get back to working on it. Finish adapting all of the Twin Spica manga while we're at it.

Just so many old manga series that need more love, I can only hope we'll see more in the future! But first, Banana Fish and Vinland Saga time!!!

Man you too greedy lol,but I so agree with you.I also like to see a reboot of Dear Boys,Gakuen Alice,Negima,Gantz,Nagareboshi Lens,Horimiya etc and for manga that should get a anime I would like Cage of Eden,High School Debut,Love So Life,Otoyomegatari,7SEEDS,Hana-kun to Koisuru Watashi,20th Century Boys,Komatta Toki Ni Wa Hoshi Ni Kike! etc.I will admit some I have not read like 20th century boys but I know i would love the anime version for it.I guess I am the same as you too darm greedy lol. Very Happy

Don't forget about the Reboot of Claymore!!!

Wait, there's a reboot of Claymore happening? Please let the new Raki in the English dub NOT have the gayest , most annoying voice ever!!
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:58 am Reply with quote
MeisterMitch wrote:
hack5 wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
Damn, 2018 is starting to have quite an epic trend in anime: finally adapting older but amazing manga into anime! First we got Banana Fish and now this? Any other old series you want to adapt for us, Japan? I could use full series for Basara and Please Save My Earth and would love to see From Far Away join your current isekai obsession. Give me some more weird shojo with After School Nightmare while we're at it. Maybe let Kaze Hikaru see the light of day in the States again with an anime. Perhaps give long running Ubel Blatt an anime too (but make it good, to make up for recent Berserk efforts). Give NG Life some love, since Yona of the Dawn did so well. Wanna reboot Master Keaton while we're at it? There were a ton of stories the first anime never got to. And start adapting wheelchair basketball manga Real to encourage Takehiko Inoue to get back to working on it. Finish adapting all of the Twin Spica manga while we're at it.

Just so many old manga series that need more love, I can only hope we'll see more in the future! But first, Banana Fish and Vinland Saga time!!!

Man you too greedy lol,but I so agree with you.I also like to see a reboot of Dear Boys,Gakuen Alice,Negima,Gantz,Nagareboshi Lens,Horimiya etc and for manga that should get a anime I would like Cage of Eden,High School Debut,Love So Life,Otoyomegatari,7SEEDS,Hana-kun to Koisuru Watashi,20th Century Boys,Komatta Toki Ni Wa Hoshi Ni Kike! etc.I will admit some I have not read like 20th century boys but I know i would love the anime version for it.I guess I am the same as you too darm greedy lol. Very Happy

... Hol' up, what ?
Thats the first time i hear about this. Maybe you've seen this news in some sites who baits people ?
MeisterMitch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
DatRandomDude wrote:
MeisterMitch wrote:
hack5 wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:

... Hol' up, what ?
Thats the first time i hear about this. Maybe you've seen this news in some sites who baits people ?

CurseTheSky DatRandomDude My apologies I didn't mean to bring false rumors. As far as I know there is NO upcoming Reboot for Claymore, it was just wishful thinking, however, since we are getting an anime of Vinland Saga couple other users mentioned wanting Ubel Blatt and other series that need an Anime or Reboot of an Anime. Again my apologies.
hack5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:23 pm Reply with quote
MeisterMitch wrote:
DatRandomDude wrote:
MeisterMitch wrote:
hack5 wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:

... Hol' up, what ?

CurseTheSky DatRandomDude My apologies I didn't mean to bring false rumors. As far as I know there is NO upcoming Reboot for Claymore, it was just wishful thinking, however, since we are getting an anime of Vinland Saga couple other users mentioned wanting Ubel Blatt and other series that need an Anime or Reboot of an Anime. Again my apologies.

I have to admit I have never watch Claymore but if they reboot it I would definitely give it a try.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Neat! I heard about this manga sometime ago, but I'm not really a manga reader, so I'm always happy to see anime adaptations!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:30 am Reply with quote
Same here, feel like I've heard a lot of praise for the manga over time, very excited to see this!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Only Vagabond left and I can die with a smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4