• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ushio & Tora's Studio Voln Animates Karakuri Circus for Amazon Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ajc228

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I’m hoping the animation is better than Ushio & Tora. It was filled with stills and lots of outsourced animation. It was servicible but it didn’t have many nice cuts. If it’s an action show, I’d like to see more time put into the fight sequences.
Dandylion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:38 pm Reply with quote
PFdaCIA wrote:
Dandylion wrote:
Ok ... After all these (exciting) announcements Can Somebody please explain to me what is this "Twin engine" Company ??? What's its goal ??? Who are the people behind It ???
Is It a production Company set up by Amazon ???

I'm Just curious, because It's seemingly popping up out of nowhere and the ANN's encyclopedia entry is very limited ...

Twin Engine is an animation production company founded by Koji Yamamoto, former producer of Fuji TV in the Noitamina block. Yamamoto after 10 years producing for the block Noitamina decided to go out to found his own studio [Geno Studio] and its producer [Twin Engine], considering the conditions of the studios whom he asked to produce anime for the Fuji TV. He created it so that it could assist studios in their productions so as to allow the creative minds [animators and directors] to have more freedom, and that the workload as well as the responsibility for production be alleviated.

Whether small or large, Yamamoto's goal with his production is to help the studios produce, and for this he wants to gather as many studios as he can in his network, to create a kind of chain of cooperation. Wit, Science Saru and Studio Colorido are just a few of the names that have already partnered with the producer. It also aims to dribble the current system of production commission.

Although many say that Geno Studio was created to finish the film of the fabled studio Manglobe, Genocidal Organ, in fact Yamamoto created the studio for another objective that this one was not claimed.

Thank you very much for your explanation !!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2